Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Donald John Trump

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Tamino, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. belasar

belasar Court Jester

And Trump will be fighting Obama's wars in Syria and Libya.

PzJgr likes this.
  2. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

And we'll ignore where it started, shall we?

3. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

I don't want to get off topic, but I half-disagree with your statement. Afghanistan is Shrub's war, and we're still there. But the holocaust in Syria, Libya, parts of Iraq are really owned by Obama and Hillary. They were the ones that decided that knocking off regimes might be fun. They created vacuums to be filled by radical Islam. Our (early) withdrawal from Iraq allowed that to spill into that country. Drawing red lines that you immediately back away from, just embolden all the bad actors.

World politics is a game of chess. Obama was playing checkers. I don't know what Bush was playing. Tiddly-winks, possibly...

PzJgr likes this.
  4. OpanaPointer

Dubya was playing with himself, when he had someone to find it for him.

I won't argue chicken/egg in the Middle East, the Sumerians are at fault there.

Takao and KodiakBeer like this.
  5. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

You point at Opana and I point at Ayn Rand - meaning we are as politically opposite as two people can get. Yet, the Donald makes us both nervous. What does this mean?

6. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

That you don't understand him.

Trump isn't politician at all, he is a businessman who understands economic problems caused by politicians and is ready to solve them. For example Mexico. Illegal immigrants are just smaller part of the problem. If you want to really understand the Mexican problem just look towards Europe. German automobile industry is in panic mode because "German" cars "Made in Mexico" will be subject to import taxes. Now, Europe charges import taxes on American products whilst sales of Mexican Volkswagens is free of taxes. Is that a fair deal and who made it for Americans?

Look: Trump irritiert deutsche Autokonzerne - Trump irritates German car industry

7. OpanaPointer

I'm not as dumb as you look? :cool:

8. OpanaPointer

I know, you're Trumpet cheerleader. Why should I care?

9. Tamino

Don't bother. :cool:

10. OpanaPointer

Never was going to.

11. Tamino

Neither did I. What's the problem?

12. Tamino

A short tour to the homeland of the First Lady, from Rick Steves' "Europe". Enjoy the trip. :cool:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8DlXa_933Y[/media]

13. Buten42

Buten42 Member

I'm afraid our government, has become so polarized in their political parties that very little will be done for the very people that elected them. I'm nervous because I don't think the American people are going to stand for more gridlock. I don't blame one party over another, they are equally at fault. Between the complete control of our government by big money and special interest, and the total gridlock,
    I can see the possibility of a real revolution.

14. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

That has to be true, but was not my point. If I was his personal assistant I'd start slipping Valium in his coffee, maybe work my way up to Quaaludes if that didn't work.

I do like most of the people he has appointed around him. He might work out if he actually listens to those people.

15. OpanaPointer

No problem, just admiring your pom-poms.

16. OpanaPointer

Worst case scenario is he will do what he's said he'll do.

17. KodiakBeer

KodiakBeer Member

He can't do most of what he said he'll do. He may waste money on a wall, but they have these devices called "ladders." You may have seen various types when the deckies had to paint more haze gray on the sides of those ships that you saw here and there in the Navy (or as we in the Coast Guard call that organization; "Those guys with ice cream machines on their boat").

And he isn't going to deport ten million illegals. About 80% of the Republicans in congress won't allow that, and 100% of the Democrats. And you might even see some Anglo neighbors of the said illegals start waving guns around if a bunch of feds try to round up the Lopez family, especially if Lopez has borrowed money from somebody.

What he might do, which would be fine by me, is cut some government spending and bring some jobs back in. Though, with automation and threats of trade wars if he goes too far, I don't think we'll see the growth that he has promised. And with the Republocrat Swamp creatures, I don't think we'll see nearly the decrease in the size of government, or government spending that he's been shouting about.

In the end (I think), we'll have another elder Bush, only much louder.

We will get to see lots of pix of Melania and Ivanka, which you have to admit are better eye candy than pix of Michelle.

18. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I am not greatly concerned about what a President Trump might do, or at least no more than I was with a President Obama. The US Government in aggregate is not designed to make rapid shifts in policy or action except when Congress grants a state of war to a President. Further, unlike in Germany in the 1930's, the 'government' can not control the press, especially in the digital age. Nor can Trump demand/expect the personal loyalty from the organs of government.

I suspect that if he accomplishes half of what he promised he will be doing 'good'. Like our exiting President it won't stop him from claiming he got "90%" of his agenda done.

I'm betting that the Dem's regain control of the Senate in 2018, not because Trump will fail or over reach, but because the electorate generally doesn't trust one party to have control for too long.

19. OpanaPointer

Bless USS Inertia and all who fail in her.

20. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

I can't see what everyone's complaining about on a World War II Forum ? :confused:

A National Leader who delivers mesmeric speeches promising 'One People, One Nation...', who's going to make his Country great again, and who comes to office promising virtually full employment......

I missed it the first time, but I'm looking forward to a front-row seat this time around...... :eatpopcorn1:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.