Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Donald John Trump

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Tamino, Jan 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m kenny

m kenny Member

This was tucked away in the survey:

There is also a clear education divide. Of those with secondary level qualifications, 59% opposed further Muslim immigration. By contrast, less than half of all degree holders supported further migration curbs.

In the UK we call that 'a statement of the bleeding obvious'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYd9qbRz2fc

It ties in with the Brexit Voter survey which said:

The data confirms previous indications that local results were strongly associated with the educational attainment of voters - populations with lower qualifications were significantly more likely to vote Leave. (The data for this analysis comes from one in nine wards)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38762034

2. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Certainly, it's exactly that - everywhere.
    The better off, the gated-community dwellers, people observing real life through their iPhones and iMacs are usually more progressive, liberal in their beliefs and opinions.
    The less educated poor people are more down to earth, streetwise folks.

Communism in many cases was supported and implemented by the educated, the "better" and "wise", not by the workers or peasants. The first Soviet leaders including Stalin and Lenin were well read and educated.
    Khmer Rouge leaders attended the best Paris universities.

Education doesn't necessarily make you wiser, most likely merely makes different. As George Orwell said: there are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them.

3. Brian Smith

Brian Smith Active Member

Bridlington East Riding Yorkshire England
    You obviously have no concept of the level of intelligence of the average graduate these days otherwise you would not be championing this rubbish as some token of support for your small minded view of the world.

Also it has been outlined for you before level of academic achievement does not equate to amount of common sense.

4. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Sorry for being challenged, must be in the genes, not my fault :)

Perhaps I should explain myself.

The first post was intended to say I believe the claim Donald is now trying to "pass the buck" is a mere speculation.
    The second to show that despite the doom and gloom widespread on this forum, some, clearly talented, people are much more optimistic.
    The third that the Trump's most controversial move, responsible for the recent mass hysteria in the mainstream press enjoys much more support than anybody would even dare to assume.

5. m kenny

m kenny Member

True. I thought all students would know that the Bronze age was 1000 years before the Romans invaded Britain but you proved me wrong on that one-bigly wrong!

6. Brian Smith

As with all your so called facts you need to check your sources yet again, Bronze Age, Romans its in your head you did not get it here. Check your facts.

As I have said before you are someone who has to put the thoughts in your head into peoples mouths so you can raise a point to argue about - pitiful!

7. lwd

lwd Ace

Indeed but the fact that you are continuously demonstrating it is.

How does a Cartoon show anything other than an opinion? It certainly did nothing to forward that message and indeed I'm surprised that that is what you thought you were doing.

???? Again a total failure not only did it not do so I don't see how it has any bearing on this.

Strike three.

Please come back when you understand how to conduct a logical fact based discussion/debate. Not that I expect that during my lifetime.

8. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

Trump presidency heralds new era of closer ties with Egypt.

Friendly phone calls, an invite to the White House, a focus on Islamic militancy and what Donald Trump called “chemistry” have set the tone for a new era of warmer U.S.-Egyptian ties that could herald more military and political support for Cairo.
    The mutual admiration dates back to a U.N. meeting in September, when then-presidential candidate Trump found common ground with President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi’s hard line on extremism. Trump described the ex-general, who rights groups criticize as authoritarian and repressive, as a “fantastic guy”.
    Sisi, the first foreign leader to congratulate Trump on his election victory, returned the favor last month after the newly inaugurated president barred citizens of seven Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States.
    Egypt, not on the list, refrained from speaking out against the ban on behalf of Muslim countries that often look to it for leadership. That silence spoke volumes about the changing tone of its relationship with the United States.

9. m kenny

m kenny Member

Here you go

http://www.ww2f.com/topic/59430-the-european-union/?p=677641
    You can quibble if you want but either the claim London was global since the Bronze Age or that London (founded by Rome) existed in The Bronze age is wrong. Chose your poison.

Dave55 likes this.
  10. Brian Smith

I am going no where,why would I with you providing all the laughs. Again where did the Bronze Age and Romans come from except the dark recesses of your mind. Check the posts it is not there - much of the other junk you push.

11. lwd

lwd Ace

Well here's the source of the Bronze age reference:

For those who haven't used it the curved arrow in the upper right corner of the quote box will take you to the original post so you can put it in context.

12. m kenny

m kenny Member

This is it in a screen grab

[​IMG]

13. m kenny

m kenny Member

Another Trump Triumph

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-38924061

A fundraiser had £400 in donations for a UK foodbank charity frozen after his "very common name" appeared on a restriction list for the US Treasury.
    Mamunal Islam was told by US online ticketing website Eventbrite the name "M Islam" matched one restricted by the US Office of Foreign Assets Control.

14. Takao

Takao Ace

That read should read CONNERS CON...

[​IMG]

Trump's Con job enumerated.
    [​IMG]

15. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member Patron   WW2|ORG Editor

Just remember that you voted for this clown.

16. Takao

Takao Ace

Yeah, I "threw my vote away" by voting for a third party. Just could not bring myself to vote Democratic or Republican this year.

17. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

What do you think of the electoral college?

18. Takao

Takao Ace

IMHO, it works well within the framework of the US political system.

Normally, I vote for one of the two main contenders...But this year was "special."

I am far more concerned with my state's, Pennsylvania, closed primaries. Republicans can only vote in the Republican primary, and Democrats can only vote in the Democratic primary, while those of us who are not affiliated with either party have no vote at all.

19. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

So did Trump add him to that list, personally? :)
    That is a trifle and no-news anyway, This is proper news:
    It Only Took Eight Years For This Innocent Woman To Get Off The No-Fly List

The Terrorist Screening Database, FBI’s no-fly list, TSA selectee list and others secret lists containing over million names in total have been in place like almost for ever, steadily generating lots of nonsense:

A former Stanford University student was mistakenly suspected as a terrorist and placed on the government's 'no-fly' list for nine years because an FBI agent checked the wrong box on her form.

In 2011 it emerged that an immigration officer had tried to rid himself of his wife by adding her name to a list of terrorist suspects.

In 2007, TV programme 60 Minutes researched and interviewed 12 individuals who shared names of people on the list.
    These included people who shared the name Robert Johnson, who had previously been convicted of plotting a bombing of a Hindu temple. All Robert Johnsons said they have had trouble getting on airplanes.

In April last year, Nigella Lawson was banned from leaving Heathrow on a U.S-bound flight because she had admitted to taking drugs.

In 2004, a Washington-bound United Airlines flight from London was diverted to Maine after officials discovered Yusuf Islam, the singer formerly known as Cat Stevens, was on board. Islam was denied entry into the U.S. and made to return to the U.K.

Sen. Ted Kennedy told the Senate Judiciary Committee in 2004 that he had been stopped and interrogated on at least five occasions as he attempted to board flights at several different airports. A Bush administration official explained to the Washington Post that Kennedy had been held up because the name "T. Kennedy" had become a popular pseudonym among terror suspects.

In 2012, Jet Blue removed an 18-month-old child from a flight before takeoff.
    The girl's mother, speaking to a CNN affiliate, said she was informed by an airline employee, "Your daughter was flagged as no fly."

20. wm.

wm. Well-Known Member

That Ben Mallicote's post is mostly outright lies (refused to wall off, Yemen and fake news, "took away health insurance", "own private email server") and bad analogies. The others are at best half-truths.

An example: ordered the Yemen raid, then tweeted about "FAKE NEWS"/ The tweet actually says:

Our hero Ryan died on a winning mission ( according to General Mattis), not a "failure." Time for the U.S. to get smart and start winning again!

Is that man, Ben, a fighter for the progressives? Then they have lost already.
    Conservative commentators, youtubers, bloggers eat such fighters for breakfast.

Sloniksp likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.