Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Downfall?

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by Der Phooey, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Hilts

Hilts Member

Bobby! You're fluent in English!! Mate I'm impressed!! :D

Way to go dude!! ;)

..............if only I could do cajun so well.............:eek:

2. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Thanks, maybe going over to ww2t from time to time helps a bit!

Try this:

"I like dat movie too me, but Tom Cruise, he a wanker him yeah" with a Cajun accent. Beer usually helps too.

You can find some examples on youtube. Personally, I like the Frenchmen's accent in the castle from the movie "Monty Python and the Holy Grail", but the Cajuns they don't speak proper French down here anymore no.

3. Hilts

Hilts Member

Mate, me n' Mrs.Hilts had a black Cajun cab driver in Noo Orleens & mate, I haven't a chuffin' clue what he was on about..........:eek:

We just held out bank notes for the fare...............best accent we heard in the States? Kentucky, North Carolina & Alabama.........Georgia was good, Louisiana, South Carolina & Mississippi, Virginia & Florida...like warm honey falling off a spoon...........:)

But the waitress in Spankey's restaurant in Savannah & the young girl in Tarts Diner NC,...............I could listen to them talk for hours.'Y'All'...........wonderfull!! :D

4. A-58

A-58 Cool Dude

Yeah, we have different dialects too, not official ones, but different ones....
    Usually in the bigger cities the accents are not as profound, so the out of towners can figure out what's going on.

5. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Ah accents! My Wife lived in Rhode Island and when we first met, Oh Man! That soft "wahda' (water), and the way my name left her lips in what appeared to me as upper crust New England, sounded as smooth as the best Bourbon. Now it's "Hey A--hole". sigh

6. Der Phooey

Der Phooey Member

I just watched Downfall and LOVED it. Anyone who hasn't seen it should check it out.

7. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

Downfall was very good, I as well as you did Der Phooey first viewed it after seeing all the viral videos on youtube parodying the event, and it made me interested enough to go rent the movie and watch it.

8. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

Downfall was very good yes, I also enjoyed that it was Germans actually telling their story and not others telling it for them. A very refreshing change indeed!

9. kimpunkrock

kimpunkrock Member

Downfall is based on the diaries and documentary called Blind Spot about Hitler's private secretary. It is very accurate. I own both DVD's.

10. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

I found downfall to be very good.. The acting was excellent. The actor who played the role of Hitler did a great job. Very convincing. At times I was discusted by him, I had to remember it was just a movie.

11. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

12. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

just for you suzie, hitlers "lambeth walk"...:D

[YOUTUBE]zkwyL1VybUE[/YOUTUBE]

PzJgr likes this.
  13. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I hear a lot of actors are naked under their clothes. It's a distressing trend that doesn't appear to have an end.

14. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

Ehh? :confused:

15. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

i'm with pizza devil ... ehh? :confused:

16. OpanaPointer

OpanaPointer I Point at Opana Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Sorry, that was more convoluted than most of my jokes. And would require a great deal of background information.

17. Long Bars

Long Bars Member

I thought Downfall was great. Not only was it just about as historically accurate as a film is going to be, but the cinematography gave it just the right look of grittiness, horrible destruction, and the combination of despair, stress, and fear felt by the bunker inhabitants and the defenders of Berlin.

Oh, and Bruno Ganz was superb as Hitler. Not only did he look almost exactly like him, but he portrayed the deranged, psychotic, and possessed nature of the dictator during his last days. One of the finest performances I've ever seen.

18. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

They should make a movie about hitler in the beginning etc with Bruno Ganz! ( but I guess he looks too old now :p But what make-up can do! )

19. BishopTS

BishopTS Member

I stayed up late last night watching TCM's "WWII Biopics". There was one called "Hitler" made in 1962 starring Richard Basehart as Der Fuhrer. It portrays his private life all the way up to the last days in the bunker. The accuracy, as well as the acting, are subpar in my opinion. But, I would recommend watching it still.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056072/

20. PizzaDevil

PizzaDevil Member

Woot, another english speaking hitler :D.

Thanks, where can I watch it? can't find it on google :(.