Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Eastwood:'America Has Gone Soft'

Discussion in 'Free Fire Zone' started by Lias_Co_Pilot, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Sad but true Michelle, as they say 'good news doesn't sell.'

2. formerjughead

formerjughead The Cooler King

Wish I would have found this at the begining

3. RAM

RAM Member

Thanks for your generous rep points Carl. I salute you!

I'm glad there still are men out there representing good old values!

What we see more and more today is the "what's-in-it-for-me?" attitude.
    Greed has become an virtue and the system is based on "the-even-bigger-fool" principle: There will always be a sucker willing to pay more.

In one way I welcome the financial crisis.
    As an example I can take Oslo which has become the most or the second most expensive town to live in worldwide.
    (Not strange some guys can't afford to have fun here!)

What happened is that people working in public services, like health care workers, busdrivers, teachers in public schools and people in the postal services were the losers in this game.
    When ordinary people can't afford to buy a house or rent an appartment the system will collapse like a house of cards, because there will be no more bigger fools around.
    Below them are only the unemployed and the sick.

When ordinary people can't afford the rent or the mortgages or gas for their car, the system stops.

RAM

4. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Oh if your one expenses and you come back with lots of change you get asked why was your last trip so cheap...It was Oslo Guv...Oslo....oh ok is the usual reply and that is why some guys can afford to have fun but cant...its not the price...expenses cover the expensive booze etc and the pirate taxi drivers outside the SAS, but its closed.

5. Stefan

Stefan Cavalry Rupert

Can I borrow those rose tinted goggles when you are done with them, the past looks pretty grim to me!

That is called capitalism, we live in a world where greed and personal gain seems to be the focus of life. Why should it be?

That is what Marxists have been saying for decades, they are still wrong. The system didn't collapse in 1929, it rebuilt itself. It always rebuilds itself because there are too many people doing really well out of it for them to let it collapse. Moreover, it is the only system and way of life people know and nothing scares joe public like change!

6. chocapic

chocapic Member

After his tear gas lacrymal movie about a woman boxer, Mr Eastwood was inflicteed a life ban from the Conservative Circlejerk Club.

I might reconsider his case after his "Things were better back in the days,when we solved problems punching each other's bellies." statement.

I think Mr Kipling aslo made an interesting statement about what being a man is (has in human being without particular hormonal requisite), but it was poetry, and we all know poetry is for decadent intellectual men (I won't mention their presumed sexual orientations), the kind of thing we call art or culture and turned once proud Belly-Puncher-Homo-Sapienses into soft preys for terrorists.

Like Goring said, when I hear the word culture...but I digress

7. urqh

Mr. Kipling makes exceedingly good cakes too.

8. urqh

9. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

All too true. We were just finished having lunch at some restaurant in Goslar-walked outside and saw a sign on a building that was an old boarding house-where both Rommel & Guderian had lived in when they were Majors and unknown personalities.

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

True but, they were the only ones I intended on taling about.

11. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Quite welcome my friend and also fully agree with your stuff above. I think people are too afraid of insulting people so they have mostly become nothing but Cream Puffs.

As is known, im not a person who is pc. I don't call an a$$hole a sphincter-muscle. ;-))