Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

El Paloma

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Ben Dover, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Ben Dover

Ben Dover Active Member

Inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's the Raven and missing a girl called Paloma, who I'm worried about never seeing again.
    Tormented with depression from this and she's in a dark place too and it's all dark and I read The Raven tonight (paloma is Spanish for dove too) and it spoke to me, so this is my own The Raven.

Senseless sorrow to contour fore this morrow I explore sore weak and hollow
    Haste traced in regret to keep my wallow fore your light I did follow before
    Darkness consumed what was once bright now swallowed; Will I see her again? I dove strike:
    Playing games of chance; Awarding chance to she; I repeat: Will I see her again?
    I pray for a break in an escape I can borrow or take for free;
    As I pull hairs that make me sneeze;
    Watching TV looking for content that I like
    and if it airs it'll be and if not -- It wasn't meant to be (just wasn't meant for me)
    Faith can communicate in many ways; Filled with hope I cope grown radiant over this maiden laden with joy fore delusions do toy and illusions deployed prove to destroy the weak and annoy; Why?!
    Why hath I put my faith into such garbage? Why can't love be planted?
    Why must I be left alone upset and on my own I ask it,
    God, is this thy plan thou has in mind? Do you remind me of blessings took for granted now departed to memory? Am I to thank thee for a future of misery? Do I explore what the heart can endure? Or accept thy plan for me oh Lord!​
    Tossed forever and forever restored will restore me; Nevermore​

Skipper likes this.
  2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Well written, it also reminds me of Lovecraft