Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

End of german ocupation in Norway

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by GermanTankEnthusiast, Oct 24, 2009.

1. GermanTankEnthusiast

GermanTankEnthusiast Member

this has puzzled me ever since i got into the subject of ww2.

when was Norway liberated. now i read that russians came from the north and pushed south until half way but nothing else of finishing the occupation (this russian assault took place at the end of 1944)

could someone please provide me with a detailed (with unit numbers) account of the germans demise in Norway.

2. Jaeger

Jaeger Ace

The Russians stopped in Finnmark. Not Trondheim. So they did not push halfway down.

As for a detailed account of the demise of Germans buy a book, it is far too complicated to post here. A quick and dirty though....

3. redcoat

redcoat Ace

With a wimper, not a bang.
    Norway was not entered by any regular Allied units until after the surrender, but before the allied troops arrived, a number of Norwegian resistance groups had taken control in a certain areas ( fairly bloodlessly if memory serves me right, but Jaegur will put me right if I'm wrong about that ;) )

4. GermanTankEnthusiast

GermanTankEnthusiast Member

ah the book, a brilliant souce of info id you can get your hands on one. well jaeger im kinda in the middle of no where and getting books on ww2 is frickin impossibe.
    i have lived in this place for 5 years and its hard just getting a book on german tanks in general let alone a book on the noweigan campaign.

and i have just realised that this thread is in the wrong room :S

5. STURMTRUPPEN

STURMTRUPPEN Member

at least the russians did not take over all of norway