Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Evolution of US Navy

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by E. Anderson, May 18, 2004.

1. E. Anderson

E. Anderson Member

I am in high school and I would like to do a paper on the US Navy. What I think im going to focus on is the changing nature of the role/influence of the Navy since world war two. Can anyone reccomend a good resource or any ideas as to the evolution of the US Navy? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

Be a bit more specific with what you want to know and I will give you some great answers....being a US Navy Chief (among other things).
    For the regulars here, hello from Bahrain!

3. Stevin

Stevin Ace

Hello T.A.

Bahrain? What a peculiar destination for a holiday. Everything alright? Is this an 'extended kind of holiday'?

4. E. Anderson

E. Anderson Member

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, that I was being too broad. I suppose I want to focus on how the role of the US Navy has changed since World War 2, its role in foreign and domestic affairs. I think I might dwell on submarines for a little bit too. Thanks again!

5. E. Anderson

E. Anderson Member

I find the need to refine my request a bit further. What i am really looking for is information about the response of the US navy to the communist threat/ how we dealt with it in force and tech. And also maybe about how the protocol and the procedure of getting things accomplished has changed since world war 2. Thanks for your patience :D

6. FramerT

FramerT Ace

I think Mr. Gardner went to the F-1 race in Bahrain and lost his plane ticket home. [​IMG]

7. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

No, I came to get away from the heat in Phoenix... :cool: Actually, it's military duty..

8. E. Anderson

E. Anderson Member

Hey all again. I have a feeling that I am asking again for something too broad. :confused: Therefore, is there any personal experience or opinion about this issue that I could use? You guys know a lot more about this stuff than I do. [​IMG]