Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

F1 2005-2012

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Mar 20, 2005.

1. Gromit801

Gromit801 Member

Actually Grosjean moved over on Hamilton, admitted it, and got a one race ban for it. Poor Fred almost got his head taken off by the flying Frenchman.

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Vettel won today´s F1 race in South Korea and went past Alonso in points. Seems like Red Bull is a faster F1 car for the rest of the season and Vettel shall win the championship. Kimi keeps on taking points and is third in points for the season. Excellent season for Kimi even if the man himself is disappointed.

3. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Vettel is gettting faster all the time...

Sebastian Vettel dominated the Indian Grand Prix to take a fourth win in a row and extend his championship lead over Ferrari's Fernando Alonso.

The Red Bull driver is 13 points clear of the Spaniard, who was second ahead of Vettel's team-mate Mark Webber.

The Australian was holding off Alonso when he suffered a Kers power-boost problem and the Ferrari swept by.

Lewis Hamilton closed on Webber but had to settle for fourth ahead of McLaren team-mate Jenson Button.

4. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

5. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

Wow, was that a complicated and most interesting race. I thought Lewis had it in the bag and Webber would be second. Could I have been more wrong. Really glad Kimi won and loved his radio transmissions, Webber started poorly and imploded. I did think Vettel would get into the points bout not on the podium and Alonzo drove a tough consistent race. I did not foresee more of this one. I think Vettel has the edge but reliability may determine the winner. One dnf would do it. The season allotment of 8 engines may be getting thin.

Ironic that Kimi won and was eliminated from the championship. Would love to see him take another title.

Gaines

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Vettel going after his third Championship tonight. Unless Grosjean has another one of his mad moments...

7. gtblackwell

Well it goes to Brazil ! Vettel has a 13 point lead on Alonzo. The race between Vettel and Hamilton was classic and too see all three on the podium was a first.
    Mercedes may not be nearly as fast as McLarren next year, strange move for Hamilton. Hope Lotus improves & Ki,i.

Gaines

8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Seems like Lotus is in trouble with the bonus money to Kimi for every point he has driven to his team. Rumours say Ecclestone might be paying for his bonus points...

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Congrats Sebastian Vettel! It seemed he lost the race in the collision during the first lap, but managed to come back and win the Championship. I read that Newey after having seen straight after the accident the photo of the Vettel´s F1 noticed the exhaust pipes were a bit twisted and was afraid that Vettel´s F1 might catch fire at any point of the race...

10. gtblackwell

That was quite a race, never a dull moment until the last two laps. I am a Vettel fan but felt sorry for Alonzo who really should have won the championship if people had not taken him out. I was hoping for Kimi to finish better but all in all, for Vettel to come from last was spectacular.
    Next year should be equally interesting but Hamilton better hope Mercedes comes up with a better car.

Gaines

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Raikkonen, Vettel, Hamilton, Eddie Jordan... F1 2012's most quotable

"Just leave me alone, I know what I'm doing."

Kimi Raikkonen ask his team to not disturb him over the radio on his way to victory in Abu Dhabi. 4 November

"Yes, yes, yes, yes - I'm doing it all the time. You don't have to remind me every second."

Kimi Raikkonen a few laps later. 4 November

After the race, Kobacrashi, sorry Kobayashi, said on Twitter that he was sorry he caused the incident, which was nice."

Jenson Button after his Korean GP was ended by Kamui Kobayashi. 15 October

"It was first-lap nutcase again, Grosjean. "

Red Bull's Mark Webber after being rear-ended in Japan by Romain Grosjean. 7 October

BBC Sport - Raikkonen, Vettel, Hamilton, Eddie Jordan... F1 2012's most quotable