Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

F1 2013

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Kai-Petri, Dec 25, 2012.

1. urqh

urqh Tea drinking surrender monkey

Yes....but Martin..but....when did they stop the running for your cars bit....I've been busy..

2. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

1970...and never in F1 ! :brushteeth:

3. urqh

Thats true...they always had white overalls on and ran to a car with a roof....A car is a car to me...it goes to A from B..

Is James Clarke still going strong...?

4. Martin Bull

If only he were.....

[​IMG]

:S!

5. urqh

6. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Canadian GP was business as usual. Vettel won with ease. Incredible that only the first five cars were on the same lap in the end. Kimi drove mostly without brakes so 9th position was not bad. Bottas managed to take third place for Williams in the qualifying race which was probably the most interesting thing about the weekend altogether. Then in the race itself Williams was not that good. Next British GP and McLaren promises to give results...we´ll see.

7. Owen

Owen O

Condolances to the family & friends of the track marshal that was killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22838287

8. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Red Bull driver Mark Webber says his decision to leave Formula 1 at the end of the season had nothing to do with the Malaysia team orders controversy.

Team-mate Sebastian Vettel ignored team orders to pass Webber and win the Malaysian Grand Prix in March.

But Webber said joining Porsche in sports cars had always been his "personal plan and I've stuck to it".

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said Webber had not informed him until just before the announcement.

But Webber made it clear he had kept Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz, with whom he has always done his contracts directly, in the loop throughout.

"Dietrich has been completely up to speed with my thinking in the last six to eight months," Webber said, "so Dietrich has been absolutely on board and on message with where I've been at.

"He's certainly encouraged me not to rush my decision when I approached him earlier in the season.

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

LOTUS (Kimi Raikkonen 2, Romain Grosjean 3)

Another step forward for Lotus after three bad races but team boss Eric Boullier said it was "first place lost" after Raikkonen's late tyre change failed to give him enough extra speed to catch Vettel. A broken radio also did not help.

Grosjean impressed with his second podium of the season but could possibly have pushed harder when the safety car exited and he was second behind Vettel.

10. Owen

Owen O

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

It seems anybody at the pit tlane has to wear a helmet and perhaps more protective clothing..SOunds good to me.

12. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Hungary 2013 GP

I guess now Kimi cannot go to Red Bull as he did not give room to Vettel to overtake... ;) Nice driving Hamilton and once again Kimi doing a great job. I believe he´ll stay with Lotus as he can do his own thing during the weekends instead of taking part in all the possible sponsor activities. Then again if Lotus cannot pay the wages then that´s another thing where Kimi goes. he has even mentioned a possible driving strike could take place for him...

13. gtblackwell

gtblackwell Member Emeritus

That kimi could hold Sebastian at bay with a two stop race and Vettel a three was most impressive, Vettel have far fresher tires. Hamilton drove the perfect race indicating Mercedes has solved their chassis balance or at least gotten it competitive.
    I knew the Mercedes team was UK based with chassis design and aero work done there but just learned their engines are also actually made in the old Ilmor plant, completely modernized of course.

The English are clearly the world leaders in FI chassis work. Renault is certainly impressive in engine work, With turbocharged v-6 engines coming it will start over. That valves are opened and closed by compressed air is most interesting.

this year is far from over.

Gaines

14. gtblackwell

well damn, I wanted kimi to do well and keep a chance of winning the championship alive but his brakes failed!

Sebastian drove a truly perfect race, cannot fault him but Alonzo did a spectacular job to finish 2od. . Seb passing Lewis was impressive but a little more competition would be fun.

Gaines

15. Owen

Owen O

No rain at Spa, what a shame.
    It needed spicing up.

16. DaveBj

DaveBj Member

Golf course sprinklers at Turn 1? That could make things interesting.

DaveBj

17. Martin Bull

Great circuit - boring race...... :lemon:

18. gtblackwell

Well it was a great race until Seb passed Hamilton at Eau Rouge , say 30-40 seconds into the race. after that I agree !!!! lol

Years ago, about 1980, you could drive the entire old circuit in your car, right by the pits and stands and around the countryside. They simply closed the roads for the race.

Gaines

19. Martin Bull

You still can drive the old circuit. In 1970, Porsche 917s ( think Steve McQueen in Le Mans ) were doing 198mph down this stretch past Stavelot.....

[​IMG]

Kai-Petri likes this.
  20. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Once Vettel got to lead nothing really happened until the race was over... ;)

Interesting to see if Kimi will truly go to another race team. Lotus seems to be running out of money. Red Bull´s other driver´s place seems to be taken but would Ferrari take Kimi if Alonso wants to go... ;)