Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Fa 223

Discussion in 'Axis Aviation Of WWII' started by Prospero Quevedo, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

I really think the fa223 was a great advancement in helicopter technology. The Germans saw the potential for such a transport. Too bad Everytime they were supposed to start mass production boom allied bombers would wipe out the factory. It's another on my wish list, got lots LoL. The US captured two dismantled one to ship to the states and were going to dispose of the other but the British protested and wanted it. Got a German pilot to fly it to England and tested it. The pilot warning them that a maintenance procedure had to be done every 20 flight hours but the tools needed were not brought and so crash. As bad as when the allies captured those super cranes Americans dismantled and ship. British watch this we built a huge barge and going to float across. Oops too top heavy rolled over and sank. I'm pissed they captured the e100 and scraped it
    Should have been in a museum.

2. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

The Czech and French built copies of the fa223. French commandeered a lot of German equipment after the end of the war. Building copies of German designs, but I think it was odd they built copies of the me108 a inferior design while other countries built copies of the109. Was it a factory in France was set up by the Germans to build such but that wouldn't make sense since the Germans had determined the 109 superior and concentrated efforts to build them. I know they were used in the movie 633 squadron wonder if that 108 in the last crusade was a French build have to look that up.