Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

FA Cup Predictions

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Jet, May 4, 2003.

1. Jet

Jet Member

Arsenal for sure :D :D :D

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

They did lead the premier with 8 points at mid-season and lost to Leeds yesterday 2-3 and ManU won the premier league that way...Not a very nice touch to the finishing line. Arsene has got a lot to do to make the boys get ready for the cup after disappointing results. Besides Vieira looks still to be injured.

Southampton may not be the all-star opposition but they still have Beattie and Antti Niemi ( the Finnish goalkeeper...). And cup battles are always a bit unpredictable as both sides fight gard for the valued trophy!

;)

3. Mahross

Mahross Ace

Want to see Southampton win. it'll be good for them. Anyway im a Man Utd fan and would like to see Wenger screwed. Now that would be nice. :D

4. Jet

Jet Member

Im behind Arsenal 100 %, they deserve to win it after just losing out on the League Championship.Can you imagine though if Arsenal do lose, it would be a huge upset. But it will never happen. :D :D :D

5. De Vlaamse Leeuw

De Vlaamse Leeuw Member

Well, it seems that Manchester United won the titel.

6. Jet

Jet Member

I just finished watching a Match of the Day program at 7 and it seems that history might be made tomorrow as it will be the only FA Cup final to be played indoors thanks to the rain :mad: . Thank god for the Millenium Stadium.

7. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Arsenal do have the material advantage but in a game that decides the cup...it´ll be a tight one.
    I don´t know who´ll win but after Wenger´s talks it´ll be a **** game for the Gunner´s to play...

:eek:

8. Jet

Jet Member

The thing is it is unbelievable how many people are siding with Southampton (who are in my opinion the underdogs). On a MOTD program that was on earlier one guy said that he expected Southampton to win 3 - 1, the other said he thought it would be Southampton 2 - 0 Aresenal. Its only like 18 hours until kick off, so we'll find out who wins then.

9. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Jet,

It´s unfortunately the people who say they´ll win that lose the game...I´d be pretty careful anyway...

I think Wenger said in October 2002 that Arsenal won´t lose a game..

:confused:

10. Jet

Jet Member

I know what you mean Kai. Remember the World Cup, loads of people thought England could do it!!! Well knowing me ive probably jinxed Arsenal winning the FA cup :rolleyes: . But really you have to see which is the better side. But Arsenal have not really done well in their last few matches. Also Southampton have done well to get this far to get into the finals. It could be a very close game.

11. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

I know it´s going to be a good game...

So let´s enjoy it...

Arsenal-Southampton...

Tomorrow...

:D

12. De Vlaamse Leeuw

De Vlaamse Leeuw Member

Just heard it on the radio.

Arsenal - Southampton 1 - 0

Congratiulations to all the Arsenal fans!!!

13. Jet

Jet Member

Yep, Arsenal 1 Southampton 0. Honestly I thought that was a great game with some brilliant play (and excellent saves by Seaman). The last 5 minutes though was real close, and if it hadn't been for that save by Ashley Cole on the line then it could have been a different outcome.
    It is great though that Arsenal won, but Southampton played brilliantly and in all truth deserved to win it as they came so far (well thats my view anyway). ;)

14. Jet

Jet Member

One thing that I didn't like though was the fact that at least 4 Southampton players got booked and there was a dive in the Penalty area :rolleyes: :rolleyes: (forget who it was now but it was an Arsenal player). Apart from that a great game.

15. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Congrats Arsenal,

and again it can be seen that one fortunate deflection can decide the game as Pires got the ball and netted it from some 10 meters. Anyway it´s the goals that matter and Arsenal scored one, S´oton did not.

Indeed it was Thierry Henry and a totally awful dive there. He really deserved the yellow card!!
    Such a professional and such POOR acting...
    :rolleyes:

Well, the Premier season is over and back in the autumn. Of course there´s still the champion´s league final to see: Juventus-AC Milan. Should be a great match as well.

PS.Will David Beckham join Real Madrid....

:confused:

16. Jet

Jet Member

David Beckham said a few weeks ago Kai that he has no intention to join Real Madrid and that he will stay on in Manchester United.

Have to agree with you Kai, awful dive [​IMG] But even if he had to dive he should have made it a bit more realistic :rolleyes: .

Yup, Champions League Final is comming soon, and im looking forward to it already. (My money is on Juventus ;) )