Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Fallschirmjager RKT list for Erich--minus two names.

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by C.Evans, Oct 22, 2002.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I dont even have Heinz Deutsch in my lists, make that at least three FCHJGR RKTS not listed.

But here are more FCHJGR RKTS that I didnt put down yesterday as they were a part of another list I have. Darn it--I SHOULD have combined them both and didnt think of it. :(

More Afrika FCHJGR RKTS:

Peter Arent. B.C.A.
    Heinrich Schafer C.R.A.

These are the two that I mentioned yesterday. Darn it, I wonder how many more Afrika Fallschirm RKTs im missing? :mad:

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Hold on there pard ! ;)

Heinz Deutsch was not in the DAK Afrika Korp Fallshirm units. He was in the later Stug Abteilung that fought against the British in Holland and northern Germany in 44/45. Some of the top stug aces were in this abt. And it is almost completely unknown. I think his bio is covered in Gordon Williamson's Aces of the Reich for starts. I have some other materials on him and his crew in Deutsch......a very successful crew.

E

3. Paul Errass

Paul Errass Member

Carl and Erich,

Thanks very much to you both for some great bio information on Herbert Fries,that is just what i needed.I did meet him recently in Germany and he is a great fella,very approachable.
    Hopefully will have time to mail you both at the weekend.

Paul [​IMG]

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks Erich--thing is, I was hoping I had all FCHJGT RKTs listed.

Thank you Paul--im looking forward to it. :D

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Paul : Roger that ! ;) write when you can.....

Carl : what reference or file are you using for the RK listings ? Kurowski's book and ? I've got this and then some other books on the Fallshirm. wish we could both get the monster Biblio book that Stevin had mentioned. could be the finest book yet written. Exhaustive in it's research, but at $ 110-125.00 US......gulp !! :eek:

E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

I use both Kurowskis book and "Storming Eagles" by James Lucas. I managed to get the library to part with that book.

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl, yes I have both books....excellent !

something here for you to do further research if you would like to. I am going back to the Stug/Jgd Pz. IV guys now.

Stug-Abt. 1 Fallshirm formed in January 44 with 4 batteries. change name to Brigade in April of 44. Renamed again in June to Fallschirm-Sturmgeschütz-Brigade 11. fought in Italy, moved to Western Front in 45 and operated independently. March 12, 45 attached to 5th Fallshirmjäger division at Nieder Briesig. under 1st Fallshirm Korps.

Stug-Abt. 2 Fallshirm formed in January with 4 batteries. Renamed a brigade 2 in March of 44 and then two months later Fallshirmjäger Stug Brigade 12. Became Fallsch.Stug Brigade 121 on March 28, 45. Fought in Normandy and got basically wiped out ! reformed and went to Holland and in 1945 in Kleve where it remained a silent thorn in the British flesh......

Heinz Deutsch RK Lt. Battery commandeur 1./FschStug-Bde 12 RK on April 28, 1945

Günther Gersteuer RK Major CO of FschStug Bde 12 RK on April 28, 45

Georg Grünewald RK Oberfeldwebel and section leader in 1./FschStug Bde 12 RK on October 29, 44 in the west.

Franz-Heinz König RK Lt. in FschStug Bd 11 RK on February 8, 45 on the Ost Front ?

Günther Sempert RK Hauptmann and Kompanie commander in FschPz.Jäger Abt. 1 RK on February 28, 1945. One of Fries kameraden.......

Werner Stehle RK Lt. and Platoon commander in 3./FschStug Bde 12 RK on April 28, 1945 on the West Front.

another great little book is by the friends at www.soldat.com Soldat volume 8, Fallshirmjäger.

E

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

The ONLY value I give to a company like this is for the books. Now had I not known what I do on badges and awards--I would be fooled by many of these over-priced ropop pieces.

I did like the "look" to a few cufftitles, and would probably but a few but only for personal use--like in buying a cufftitle for use on or in a photo album. I.e. gluing or sewing it to the album.

I dont like places like this BECAUSE too many money hungry people abuse repo items when they try to fool the vast public on them.

The only badge I MIGHT have ben fooled on was the silver Panzer Assault badge, but when comparing it to an original--it stands out like a fly in an ice cube.

Their Heer Officer insignia is scary and looks good at a glance--the waffen ss stuff all sucked big time. Compart theirs with mine and you would see the vast differences in between repo and real.

The Arn Shields suck--even at a glance--as well as the peaked visors.

The only think I really liked and you can tell from far that they arent real either--were the stick pins. Im even thinking of ordering a "Langemarck" pin for Remy.

Their asking price for repop visors are WAYYYYYY OUTTTTT OFFFFF HANDDDDDDDD, and asking prices for most of the rest of the junk--DITTO.

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Carl :

I look at the repro battles and that is it ! Repro gear does not interest me in the least. I've dealt with the firm over the years with his small books and for under $ 15.00 I have learned some new things......and at least for that I think the site has some nice things. repro's......uk ! sorry, just my opinion. There are of course several here on this board that do re-inactments.

E

10. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Not a problem. If I ever order anything from them--it will only be the stick pins. Supposedly the H.A.I.G. had them make W-SS Pins--I would get one for Remy. [​IMG]

11. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

Great work, Carl! Thanks! And Stevin: great sites! ;)

12. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Thanks and Ill get back to making postings on them when I can--im far behind on stuff as it is.