Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Fatal schoolshooting in Finland

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Notmi, Nov 7, 2007.

1. corpcasselbury

corpcasselbury New Member

via TanksinWW2
    There are also some people who simply enjoy tormenting others, especially those weaker than they are.

2. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    i was a fairly robust kid and a football lineman ( smallish but slow ) in highschool ,i did not have to take much crap but i sure saw lots of other kids live in abject helpless misery ...they cant fight , they cant tattle on their oppressors to parents or teachers , they couldnt just quit school .their torment was daily and inescapable

..when i reflect on highschool and even middleschool attrocities i had witnessed , its a wonder there werent a lot more shootings back in those days , i wish i could tell you that i confronted those bullys and made them stop their bullshit ,i did not ..i wasnt THAT tough or brave ..its strange but after you hit junior college age ,it seems like that petty crap goes away ..its mostly highschool nonsense and it lives on today as always i guess ..

i was taught by my dad to strike your oppressor as hard as possible with a balled fist to the nose ( a right jab brought from the floor),it might well get you a beating but afterwards the bullies will search for weaker game ,,i told my own kid ,even if he gets expelled from school for a week the net result will be well worth it ...the brave man only has to die once , the weak man , again and again and again ....

3. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Question to all American members who have been there - is highschool really so bad for anyone who is not on the football team? The image Hollywood tends to paint of highschool is no doubt overly simplistic, but I can't help wondering if I would have even survived if I'd had to go through that instead of waltzing through my softie tolerant, independent-minded upper-class school here in the Netherlands.

4. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Well im a junior right now, to get picked on usually the person does something that brings on. usually if you do any sports no matter how bad you are people are nice to you, I run cross country and Track and i can honestly say ive never gotten picked on or anything..........usually people wont go outve there way to push you in a locker. I for one have never seen that big bully flanked by his pimp friends, usually the guys on the football team are some of the nicest guys around.... Im pretty sure you could last high school Roel. But im from the upper Midwest were better people are located :) (thats a joke) Im sure if you were in a school with more people you might have more diversity and people beating up on the nerds. My school ive broken down into 4 diffrent groups Goths,Skateboarders,jocks,"normals". Each group has lots of nice people the "jocks" are just people do who are good at there sport. i put my self in the "normal" group.

Also- as for fights those are the best things in the world....ive never got into one i dont have any enemy's or i talk my way out.

5. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    roel , i would say that most people get through high school without being bullied too much and even being a football player dees not mean one is skilled at fisticuffs ..it merely takes one off the target list for the predatory bullie types .

.the victims were almost always small or skinny geeky kinda guys , the ninety pound weaklings from the charles atlas ads . tape on the glasses ,akward ,quiet and shy . these guys might make up 3- 5 % of the entire student body . but the poor wretches were subjected to almost daily insults ,assaults and intimidations for year after hideious year .

..i can sort of empathise with their running amok with a tech nine at recess . its hard for me to imagine that such hazeing does not go on in european high schools .i think i can pretty much assure you that it is universal in us public schools ..

6. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I dont know any of the "geeky" kids the geekist kids I know play world of warcraft. the gays get some verbal abuse never turns violent because of the "zero tolerance" policy.

7. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Thanks for the replies.
    A pretty good description of me from age 10 to 14 (grades 7 to 11, seeing as I skipped a few). I suppose it would depend on the school I went to, then. Revere's one doesn't sound quite as bad as yours, much more like my own school - in which I only got bullied every now and then, and never in the form of physical assault or abuse. Just people who thought it was fun to pester the weak guy...

I'm glad I am not really him anymore.

8. Ricky

Ricky Well-Known Member

via TanksinWW2
    There was bullying in my school, and I was one of the geeky kids. Thankfully I missed the worst of it because I was quite big comparatively, so smaller kids were picked on. I suspect Roel may have experienced the same blessing.

9. Boba Nette

Boba Nette New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I would imagine each American high school has it's own version of ANY Hollywood character.Each group does have a tendency to stick to it's own kind.Me,I got along with everybody except the gang-bangers.

10. Hoosier phpbb3

Hoosier phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Kids can be mercilious tormentors of anyone that is "different" than their percieved notion of normal.
    I was a football player of little consequence... I think I weighed 118lbs as a freshman, and up to about 145lbs as a senior playing defensive-back. I don't recall any real problems within our class throughout high-school. By then, most had found a group of their peers, or simply kept to themselves.
    I think we were most cruel--to those deemed different--as elementary kids. Children can be downright ruthless!
    'Course that was over 40yrs ago. Back then we tended to settle things on the playground with our fists. Fights were not uncommon. I got into a fight on the playground with a kid who became a best-friend. We whaled on each other til we'd had our fill, then shook hands... and we've been friends ever since.

Tim

11. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    As a matter of fact, I've always been slightly tall for my age, but since I was two years younger than my classmates I was always one of the shortest people in my class until I had my major growth spurt at age 15. Seems like I would have been the perfect target for typical bullies in other schools.

It's funny to note that all these traits of weakness and insignificance mostly disappeared or at least decreased just before or as I joined the forum... Mind you, I've never denied it its rightful place in my personal development.

12. Revere

Revere New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Speaking of fights one broke out today in my lunch room a small Philipino and a fat freshmen....The teachers saw that it was going to turn out into a fight but they seem to just stand on the sidelines and watch until punches were thrown. Then thats when the people in my lunch started standing up and cheering on who they wanted...as for fights goes to bad the teachers didnt let it finish because the philipino was whooping the fat kids ass....

it was awsome and inense.

13. corpcasselbury

via TanksinWW2
    Oh? I never found fights to be so, especially the ones I found myself in. There were never many of them at my school, but they were anything but awesome and intense.

14. majorwoody10

majorwoody10 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    ime , most actual schoolyard fights involve very little boxing and a gret deal of rolling arround on the ground ....not usually awesome to watch but certainly intense enough if you are the one rolling arround on the ground ...

15. corpcasselbury

via TanksinWW2
    There is that, I suppose.