Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Fav fighter poll

Discussion in 'The Tanks in World War 2 quiz section' started by Blaster, Jul 28, 2006.

?

Which is your favorite fighter?

1. F15 Eagle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. F16 Fighting Falcon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. F14D Super Tomcat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. F/A18 Super Hornet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F22 Raptor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Mig-25 Foxbat

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Mig-29 Fulcrum

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Su-33 Flanker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Since I couldn't put this in the Air Warfare section, I'll put it in the Quizzes & Polls section. Which is your favorite fighter out of the ones in the poll?*
    *This is a favorite, NOT best, poll.
    PS This definetly has enough choices, right?
    PSS The first vote you see is my personal choice.

2. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Can people vote on the poll?

3. Ome_Joop

Ome_Joop New Member

via TanksinWW2
    It is possible

4. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Good. For a second there I thought I had accidentally closed the poll by voting on it myself, because I saw that a few people viewed it but didn't vote.

5. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Quite possibly becausse this really belongs in the Aviation section, not the Quiz section.

As a rough rule of thumb, if your topic is a Quiz of some description it belongs here, if it's not a Quiz it doesn't, and if you can't find a section you think it fits in then bung it in the Member's Lounge (That's what it's there for afterall) rather than posting it somewhere inappropriate.

Also as Roel noted, people are more likely to get involved in a debate (On here at least) than vote in a poll. On a subject I feel I can contribute something to I will gladly engage in a debate, polls on the other hand seem bland and meaningless by comparison from the start and I tend to avoid them.

6. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I tried to put it in the Aviation section, but found no way to create polls there. Maybe you should tell the forum moderator to move this topic, Simonr1978. And polls are SO NOT meaningless! Simonr1978, if you want to make fun of other people's topics, then DO IT AROUND PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY WANT TO HEAR IT!!! :angry: This is a forum where people DO NOT get to make fun of any topic!

7. Roel

Roel New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Simon does not make fun of your topics, he merely hands you a possible answer to your question as to why people don't seem to vote in your polls. He does this in a perfectly sensible way that does not merit the reaction you gave him (in fact, nothing would; if you feel wronged you must inform an Admin instead of taking matters into your own hands).

Before you accuse respected and resourceful members of making fun of your topic, you might want to consider the informational value of your query, though. This is just some advice that may be useful when posting here.

8. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Sure.

9. Simonr1978

Simonr1978 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    And this kind of attitude is not going to make people any more inclined to post or vote on your polls.

Now calm down and don't take things personally. I never said polls were meaningless, just that they seem so in comparisson to a reasoned debate and the latter is more likely to get responses on here at any rate.

I was trying to give you some advice based on the two years or so I have been a member on this forum, you can take that advice accordingly, you can ignore that advice if you so wish, it's up to you and it really makes no odds to me, but I can assure you that if you carry on with the attitude you have just displayed I for one am unlikely to take part in the myriad of "Best of" polls you seem intent on bombarding the forum with.

I was not making fun of your topic, and all the while I observe the rules of the forum I may comment on your threads, posts and topics in any way I wish, just because you do not wish to recieve critical comments does not mean you have any right to order me not to do so. This is not your personal forum to post threads in which only people who tell you what you want to read can post.

In a nutshell, if you are going to get so touchy over something like this, perhaps a discussion group is not the place for you.

Personal attacks are against the Forum Rules last time I checked however, you may also want to bear that in mind.

10. smeghead phpbb3

smeghead phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Oh boo-hoo
    Well, I like polls... most of em' anyway, the topics I'm interested in: LIKE PLANES !!! :D In fact I usually click on poll's first to see what everyone's chosen... For this one I proudly voted for the Su-33

I have the same problem as Blaster, I cannot create a poll in any forum except the members lounge.

Also I gotta say Blaster... this is probably the best poll you've made so far, everything is nice and balanced and from the same technological time frame.
    3 Russian & 5 American jets = 8 classics

11. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Why, thank you, Smeghead! Wow, someone actually complemented me! :D

12. Ossian phpbb3

Ossian phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Nice to see the RAF so well represented :eek:

Personal favourite (post WW2): Hawker Hunter. There's something about the shape which says "deadly"

Marginally behind that, the fighter that never was: Canada's Avro Arrow.

Tom

13. Varyag

Varyag New Member

via TanksinWW2
    Of those represented in the poll, the F-15.