Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Favorate Modern tank?

Discussion in 'Military History' started by Joe, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Fred Wilson

Fred Wilson "The" Rogue of Rogues

Pretty impressed with the new Brit Carbon Fibre Prototype - full metal jacket over a Carbon Fibre core - stripping it down to under the 23 tons weight necessary for airborn field insertion. For its plastic prototype predecessor see the Vickers Plastic Tank (All this with no loss of fire power and improved armour + slap on and (temporarily) patch external damages. (patch kits carried on board!))
    - vs current req for weeks of lead time for sea, then land transport to site etc. for current 40 - 50 ton monsters... aka Army Technology - Leopard 2 Main Battle Tank

That pretty much puts the kibosh on anyone thinking any sort of war is going to get you anywhere from here on in. Technology strikes again in the battle for peace. If that doesn't curdle your blood then current Brit anti tank guns will:
    Army Technology - MBT LAW Light Anti-Tank Weapon
    - its active magnetic and optical sensor activated proximity fuse uses sensor data to analyse known relevant target criteria before warhead initiation. Plain english? Rounds can be preset to detonate within cm's of pre-determined locations aka outsite a window, inside the window frame, 1, 5, 10, 100m inside the window frame. and/or.. through xyz predermined pentrated layers.. name your mix brick, wood, fabric, steel layers and the weapon will detonate in the chamber you pre-determine.

Shock and Awe. :)
    Technology is, right before our eyes, eliminating any possibility of war in the foreseable future... that is by anyone with any sense of awareness of the modern world. Those unable to comprehend the current world / pace of technology aren't likely to last / live a minute in future combat environments. :) ;-)

2. wilconqr

wilconqr Dishonorably Discharged

Favorite and Best

Opinion: M1A1 for its imposing look.

Fact: M1A1 for its service record.

3. chocapic

chocapic Member

LOL
    Because any relation between a tank and my person would be more a rational - mean very practical - than a sentimental affair :D

4. bodston

bodston Member

My favourite modern tank, this week is...

The French AMX-13

[​IMG]

5. Miguel B.

Miguel B. Member

I really like the Sabra... I mean it's one way of placing an old tank design up in the fray again...

Cheers...

6. warnerd

warnerd Member

7. 1911Colt

1911Colt Member

Gotta go with the h.m.f.i.c.:
    [​IMG]

8. T. A. Gardner

T. A. Gardner Genuine Chief

The Brazilian X-1A2 light tank. When you can take an M3A1 Stuart and turn it into something that can kill most modern tanks......

9. lwd

lwd Ace

Why not the M1A2?

10. Ceraphix

Ceraphix Member

Whoo, I have to many to name, but up there are probably the Centurion, AMX-13 and T-72.