Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Final Payment Voucher - War Department Form 372 A

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Calsim, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Calsim

Calsim New Member

Research on Great Uncle who served with the 705th Tank Destroyer Battalion in World War II. Records destroyed in 1973 fire, but obtained copy of final pay voucher. I have gathered alot of information on his service and just emailed clerk of court's office to see if they have a copy of his discharge document. However, on his pay voucher in the block home address the following appears underneath his name serial number and rank: ASF F W M 7. I've determined that ASF is likely Army Service Force, but can't figure out the other. Any possible ideas? Also in the block Army Component is shows AUSm 184 G. Any ideas what 184 G maybe?

Thanks

2. chibobber

chibobber Member

Can you scan and post the document? It is always better to figure things out when you can view them in context. Plenty of help here,give it time.
    Good luck.

3. Calsim

Calsim New Member

I've attached a copy of the final pay voucher. Again, underneath his name, serial number and rank: ASF F W M 7. Believe ASF is for Army Service Force, but no idea on others. Also in upper left corner in Army Componet block is shows AUSm 184 G. Believe AUS is Army of the United States, but don't understand the m or 184 G. Any ideas? Thanks.

Attached Files: