Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Finally: Justice for Assange ...

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by Tamino, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Tamino

Tamino Doc - The Deplorable

I'm glad you are confident because confidence is a pleasant state of mind. However, I must disappoint you - they don't even pretend they serve you with the truth.

Normally products have a warranty which means a guarantee or promise which provides assurance that specific facts or conditions are true or will happen.
    Media do not provide a binding warranty for their products. If you believe media that is because you either don't have a sense for truth or you have deliberately decided to accept lies as a truth.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) elevated lies to even higher level. The Joint Report contained a Disclaimer stating that “ DHS does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.” O'Bama doesn't refrain from lies. They don't even bother pretending they are telling the truth. Is your confidence still so unshakable?

2. lwd

lwd Ace

Wrong again. Some pretend to do so and some actually do so.

Some do some don't. I'm wouldn't call either "normal" until you get a lot more specific.

Even proposing they supply a "binding warranty" is weird. I have a pretty good sense for the truth and definitely haven decided to accept lies as such. At least in the US the media very seldom lies. They may only give part of the story and may slant thing by what part they give or what words they use but very seldom do they deliberately lie. Far to easy to get caught in that and loose their credibility which would affect their bottom line which is the thing that's really important to the higher ups.

What have you said that would affect my confidence at all? Certainly you have produced nothing to support your position with regards to either DHS or Obama lying. Not to say they don't on occasion but that hardly supports your position.

3. Tamino

I'm glad you have so firm and pleasant sense of confidence. Enjoy that, I don't envy you. :)

4. lwd

lwd Ace

I just have a decent grasp of the way things work. If you don't believe in any of the news sources what do you believe in? That route seams a lead to the believe what you want option a lot more readily than mine.

5. Tamino

I firmly trust in Good and rely on my own judgement about any other subject.

6. lwd

lwd Ace

? What exactly do you mean by "trust in Good"?
    An uninformed judgment is simply a guess based on nothing except and individuals bias and beliefs. Better to gather information from what sources one may weight by their reliability on the topic at hand and whether or not they are reasonable then make informed decisions.

7. Tamino

Just take that literally. I am a Christian in the first place.

CAC likes this.
  8. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I'm sorry you are offended, but to be honest I'm disappointed in repeated calls for "Hollywood" to die already.

I agree that I could do with less hot wind from celebutaunts in entertainment, but 'Hollywood' is vastly more than a few dozen over paid actors, directors and writers. For everyone of them, scores of everyday people also rely on Hollywood to pay house notes and put food on the table. Watch the credits and see how many names scroll by. The entertainment industry is a huge part of both the American and Canadian economy.

If you don't like Clooney or Dunham, don't watch their movies, Kardashian's, change the channel. it real easy. Just don't smear everyone for the words of a few.

macrusk and denny like this.
  9. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Thanks B. i need the check sometimes.
    Hoped to point out how (i think) big media is trying to sway our youth.

hollywoods profits have been declining. The reason is- the internet is providing alternate sources of entertainment...Actual entertainment people choose to watch.
    hollywood no longer wields the power it once did.
    Which, i think will be a boon to Canadian/foreign film/TV.
    Let China have it.

10. belasar

belasar Court Jester

I too have become jaded about the cable news channels, and wish those celebs would just keep their mouths shut about politics. Frankly I filter out both sources and generally pay no attention to internet based crap as well. The thing is no matter your beliefs you can find 'data' that supports your position if you look hard enough. Maybe since I'm on the wrong side of fifty I'm no longer easily swayed by a big smile and a half assed theory.

11. green slime

green slime Member

Ah, but Belasar, surely that depends on the ass...

[​IMG]

A Family friendly half-Ass.

belasar likes this.
  12. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Some kardasheass...music and basketball love it, use it often.
    Top rated show whose main topics are drugs, booze, cracked out nba, gossip, no work ethic, clothes, etc etc etc...you know- art.
    Yes, msm does its' best to ignore the real news Wikileaks tries so hard to provide.
    Long live Wikileaks

13. Takao

Takao Ace

The only Leak that Assange is concerned with
    [​IMG]

14. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

That is art.
    Would rather say JA is a golden shaft of light, when all around is dark.

15. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Some darkness can be a good thing...some things you don't want to know...we lie to each other either directly or by omission everyday...

16. Poppy

Poppy grasshopper

Cockroaches don't like the light.
    People die...There is a - 'Can't we just drone him' mentality, in order to stifle.
    It is not CT. ..Politics baby.

17. Takao

Takao Ace

Well, you got one thing right Poppy. Assange is giving us the shaft.

18. Takao

Takao Ace

Just coming across the wires...

Looks like Assange is getting the last laugh on Obama. It is being reported that Bradley/Chelsea Manning is having his/her remaining prison sentence commuted by President Obama.

Well, at least it was not a full blown pardon.

19. Sloniksp

Sloniksp Ставка

Six corporations control 90% of media in the US....

Things that make you go "hmmm"....

All show and report virtually the same thing. It's largely forthis reason that most trust Wiki Leaks over main stream.

20. lwd

lwd Ace

??? That means that most of the big 6, indeed perhaps all of them control less than 20% of the media. That's a pretty diffuse operating environment. Of course it's also a questionable statistic as you don't define what "media" is or which corporations. Is one of the them Amazon for instance? Or Comcast? media generally includes print, video, and audio. If you look at the numbers there is almost assuredly more audio and video and probably print at this point produced by individuals than there is by any single corporation and possibly by all corporations. The last time I looked at a particular event the major news services were displaying significantly different material as well. Kind of brings your point to question doesn't it.

I also kind of wonder where you got the idea that "most trust Wiki Leaks over main stream". Care to substantiate that?