Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Flags of Our Fathers (Foof)

Discussion in 'The Library' started by aquist, Oct 3, 2006.

1. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    the book is marvelous, it tells you about each of the six flag raisers on IWO JIMA, the authors DAD was one of them. the film comes out in LR Oct 20-21, we are going to have a public display and anyone who comes in Uniform,(WW2 Marine, Army, or IJA) gets free tickets.

2. merlin phpbb3

merlin phpbb3 New Member

via TanksinWW2
    post subject

Interesting, 'Kraut' uniforms included?What will you be wearing?

3. aquist

aquist recruit

via TanksinWW2
    foof

No Merlin, that would be illogical. My first 20 years as a ww2 reenactor were as a GI, so I still have my US Army and Marine corps uniforms etc. my only worry is that i am too old now to look like a young Marine or GI, to tell you the truth i was too old back in the 80s to be a GI or a Jar head. and I don't look Asian enough to go as a member of the IJA, nor do i have any IJA uniforms or field equipment, So maybe i will just pay for my ticket and go in like the other civilians. I'm reading the book. And I already read his other book, Fly Boys. So far it is very moving.I have some prospective young men to get started in reenactments that would fit in very well. but thanks for messaging me back. I was beginning to think that I had no correspondants on the forum.