Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

football

Discussion in 'Sport & Athletics' started by Mustang, Nov 10, 2002.

1. Mustang

Mustang Member

My favorite team is the Tamba Bay Buccaneers. I think they had about 9 pro-bowlers last year. THey've had a winning record the last 6 years in a row. They've gone to the playoffs the last 6 years in a row too. They're only going to get better.

What are your favorite teams? Gosh I hope you guys at least like football. Some of you didn't like baseball. So I guess this will decide which is the real AMerican Pasttime.......

2. Bish OBE

Bish OBE Member

Mustang, can i just clarify something. You are talking about American football, right. As in not , and i hate this word, soccer.

3. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

I like the Denver Broncos-I did support the Dallas Cowboys, but they lost Troy Aikman as i understand it, so Broncos go...

4. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Oh I'm with you on that one Bish-I hate the word 'soccer'-but I have to use it over here in Oz, football over here is Rugby League... :rolleyes:

5. redcoat

redcoat Ace

American Football is OK to watch, just as long as its the highlights, watching a live match is just so annoying! All those bloody time-outs :mad:
    The only "American" sports played in my neck of the woods ( South Manchester/Cheshire) is Basketball and Lacrosse. The area is in fact the main area for Lacrosse in England, and a number of local schools have Lacrosse teams ( my kids have played it [​IMG] )

6. Smoke286

Smoke286 Member

I have to say I love American Football, its the only US sport that interests me. I have been a New England Patriots fan for 25 years, Go Pats!

7. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Pro American Football has lost a fan in me. I prefer college football because the spirit is still there. How about them Aggies!!!!!!! Knocked out number 2 Oklahoma! Woooo Hooooo!

8. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

Despite their record, i have to say i am a NY Jets fan - its so interesting to watch S.Moss return Punts...he can make a lot out of what looks like a little. Ice Hockey has to be my favorite sport to watch over here...especially the NJ Devils. I would watch 'soccer' but there is really no skill involved when it comes to soccer in the states. ESPN is a life saver - 10pm Sunday nights they have English Soccer higlights. Its my only chance to see Arsenal in all their glory. They're only 1 pt behind Liverpool or Leeds, cant remember which. Haha...Man U sucks!

9. CrazyD

CrazyD Ace

Hey, Smoke286- you catch the Pats game this sunday?

I hope you're not one of those people (I almost was!) who watched the first half then turned it off...
    That touchdown pass to Patton was freakin NUTS!

10. Panzerknacker

Panzerknacker New Member

Hey Mussolini-Yeah, Go the New Jersey Devils!!!

I also have to support the San Diego Chargers on a limited basis, Darren Bennett (a fellow Aussie) plays for them-you have to support your own!!!

11. Smoke286

Smoke286 Member

CrazyD no I didn't, I was working, we were out on a run and I missed the first half, just as well from all accounts, lol The second half was good though [​IMG]

12. Friedrich

Friedrich Expert

I am a San Francisco 49er... :D The best team of the last century... :rolleyes:

And for all those b... guys :rolleyes: who don't like SOCCER: [​IMG] Well, they don't like SOCCER so they're suckers! [​IMG]