Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

For Erich Brown....

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by C.Evans, Jul 2, 2001.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Just wanted to let you know that Wilhelm Crinius and Willi Fey, are now both deceased... :( :( :(

I just found out from my friend with the OdR-today.

2. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Dang ! I just knew when I was about ready to write these guys, that this would happen.
    Carl, it just proves that we are getting older, each and every day. Don't delay, write everyone you can since it may be our last chance. I better get with it next week. RK winner Luftwaffe ace Hans Weik died on June 6, 2001 at his home in Heidenheim.
    This all sucks......
    :mad:

It's life, see ya Thursday my friend.

E.

3. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Erich, tell me about it..

Also Kriegsmarine U boat ace Dr. Heinrich-Andreas Schroeteler is gone as of sometime in 2000.

I didnt have Weik on my list, but will be getting plenty from my friend Christian soon, just dont know zactly when. These will all be Grossdeutschland, FGD FBB and Brandenburgers.

:( :( :( :(

4. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Another sad deal. Wilhelm Berkenbusch is VERY ill. He is a Battle of the Bulge KC vet, he is also one of only 27, to ever be awarded the Single-handed aircraft destruction strip.

I definately wanted this guys signature-- :( :( he can no longer send a reply to even the OdR

5. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

This is all very depressing, but we knew life is short. How many vets die from all sides of the conflict every day ? A large amount I know. There just isn't enough time to interview all of them.........bllllllttttt!

It really sucks

E

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

:( :( :( yep--telllll me about it :( :( I know according to the USAF Command Chaplain stationed in San Antonio, that an average of 1,000 US WW2 vets die each day :mad: :mad: :mad: and knowing that there is nothing we can do about it is very depressing.

Too bad we cant trade their lives for no good criminals eh???

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Cartl, that many ? ! Arg, gag, I'm totally bummed now. I knew it was quite a few. Just to think of all the contacts we both have. I am currently working on a battle book with two bomber crewmen of the 445th bomb group. The book will cover the disasterous Kassel mission on 27 September 1944. I have helped the 445th gents with the German OOB and interviews. Thinking of the what if's, even though both are in good health, of course means absolutely nothing........it's just a bloody sad shame.
    You're last comment deserves to be looked at more thouroughly in my opinion...... ! ;)

E