Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

for the Reich-Joe's German AAR

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Joe, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Ace

Germany gets a massive IC Mussolini. As you can see I have 333.
    Not to mention I control Poland, Czechoslovakia and most of France. (Vichy gets the poorer areas).

The USA is trying to libarate Britain...with 3 divisions.
    Thier Navy attacked mine, and this was the result...
    [​IMG]

Yeah yeah, so I use the nofog cheat a couple of times...damn F11 being close to F12...
    [​IMG]

You'll be suprised at this one...
    [​IMG]

2. Joe

Joe Ace

Another sea battle in the Channel...will these Americans ever give up?
    [​IMG]

I think I might be in port for quite a while!
    [​IMG]

3. Joe

Joe Ace

The USA has just DOW's Vichy France. Damn. Time for a change of Plans.
    I'll take Gibraltar and Suez, and reinforce Casablanca. It would be too dangerous to take Italy with the Med in allied hands.

4. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

I dont own this game but by any chance can you take Greenland? If so you should and maybe put a fighter group there to intercept American transports going to Europe.

5. Joe

Joe Ace

Well I could, but it's not really worth it.
    I can use Britian for that task.

6. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

Yea thats true, I just meant in the sense that you wouldnt allow them to even reach Britain.

7. Joe

Joe Ace

I would need to Divert a few inf divisions to guard it though, the U.S. is bound to try and take it back.
    It's just not practical. My supply convoys will get hammered if I do.

8. Joe

Joe Ace

The invasion of Spain is underway people!
    I assaulted La Coruna from the air, then used the port to ferry in more troops. Beats an amphibious assault in a mountainous area.
    I was attacked by a US fleet of one Essex-class CV and 2 cruisers.
    [​IMG]

Graf Zeppelin has a brilliant record! She's sunk more ships than any other German ship!
    [​IMG]

A wide shot of Spain:
    [​IMG]

meanwhile, in the Pacific...
    [​IMG]

9. Joe

Joe Ace

My computer went crazy so I had to load an earlier save. Just wiped out 7 Spanish divisions:
    [​IMG]

10. Joe

Joe Ace

Liberated Nationalist Spain and gave them Gibraltar.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My Japanese allies are doing well, they've trapped a lot of British divisions in Burma;
    [​IMG]

11. Joe

Joe Ace

Just encountered the remnants of the home fleet-I got revenge on Peter Strasser's sinking by annihilating it.
    We sunk all the remaining British CVs (I think) and smashed a couple of battleships. The rest of the force tried to retreat but was cought by my bombers, which claimed another CV and several BBs.
    Not a bad day eh?

12. Joe

Joe Ace

UPDATE, just took Italy. (My armoured units did it all by themselves.)

Japan seems to have stalled, besides one or two provinces it's basically as it was a year ago.

I am concokting an idea to invade the western side of India to help Japan. What do you think of that?

13. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

It is a good idea but you shouldnt do it if you would be spreading yourself to thin. Take some of Africa first maybe?

14. Joe

Joe Ace

Oh God no, I hate fighting in Africa. I'd rather let the Allies take it. Once I've sealed o Suez, my Navy can patrol the Med.
    Europe will be safe enough, I have large garrisons in each country. I have about 50 divisions I only use when attacking someone.

Tomcat likes this.
  15. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

When I did that scenario, I invaded Hungry, so the polish declared war on me, giving me a free shot a poland, avoiding the defence alliance with Britain and France, but just before poland fell to me and Russia, France invaded me. Franve fell to me and Italy, and England in a similar fashion to your AAR Joe. I then used the forces from Britain and quickly move them to Danzig and postitioned them on the Russian border and invaded her in 1939. Russia didn't stand a chance for the first year, and the war raged on unit 1944. Unitl they faltered and collapsed and I then ruled Russia.

I am now in the process of assiting the Japanese in taking Singapore, since INdia has fallen to me. Italy and Vichy France are taking Africa.

I don't understand why but the Americans never joined the war, hehe lucky me.:)

16. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

What difficulty settings are you all using?

17. Joe

Joe Ace

I don't know but they're about avarage.

A slight change in the plan, take Suez and hold it, and build a mini-kreigsmarine to hold the med.

18. Joe

Joe Ace

I sent a force to India to help the Japanese, after taking Suez and everything east of it. Liberated Isreal (how Ironic), Jordan and Iraq is a puppet.
    I sent 18 divisions, and they are doing very well. I'll post some screenies later.

Oh yeah, and I successfully coup'ed America. Talk about lucky!

19. Tomcat

Tomcat The One From Down Under

I'm not cheating if that what your thinking, not even a no fog cheat:D

Although with my expansion I have faced incredible problems my Transport of troops and a constant problem with partisans, having to use mobile units to deal with them. Plus I am facing a shortage of man power, which has been bothering me since the end of the Russian war. I am employing military garrison units in the more undeveloped parts of Russia to limit the time needed to send the mobile resistance fighters, but I still am using a lot of manpower just on quelling the Russian partisans.

But to answer the question, it is on a normal setting. I don't follow the course of the war, with all those pop ups that show up with the actual events that happened and it lets you chose whether you want to do that or not.:cool:

20. Totenkopf

Totenkopf אוּרִיאֵל

Ha, your facing the same problems Germany would have faced, would they have conquered Russia.

When I played as Romania the Germans had taken a good half of USSR but a thing that held back their best troops was a whopping 127 soviet divisions in Moscow. (I ruined that game by declaring war on Turkey)