Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

For you Stuka lovers....

Discussion in 'Eastern Europe' started by Erich, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Bbqlou likes this.
  2. FramerT

FramerT Ace

Pretty neat indeed! Good stuff on the "tactics" of busting a Stalin tank. :eek: And the towing of anti-aircraft guns behind tanks.Never read about that before.

3. TA152

TA152 Ace

Good stuff Erich !!
    I did not know they had women instructors for the Me-262. Do you think it was Hanna R. (can't spell her last name)?
    I also did not know they trained to be a pilot for two years. Americans only trained about a year. Maybe that is why they were so good.
    Thanks for posting this. Hope RB sees it !

4. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Wonderful Stuff!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you and thank you Erich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I know whose Stuka I will be painting...

The bit about the KV-2 turret was superb!

CAC likes this.
  5. Mahross

Mahross Ace

Great interview. Interesting about the guy who destroyed the KV-II and had the turret go right on over him. Will be adding this website to my bookmarks.

6. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Printed it off last nite and read it a couple of times. What is the raid on the Oder bridges he describes? Very intriguing stuff...

Do you have anymore info Erich???

7. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Red you're sharp !

Yes in fact the raid on the Oder bridges will be covered in our massive work. It was to be held in secret and this was to involve literally a suicide mission of single-engine and jets to smash into the bridges over the Oder to stop the Soviet hordes.

do I have more on first person Stuka accts the man wants to know ! ........... hee, hee......wait and see friends

8. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

HOW LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????? :eek:

Dunno if I can keep a lid on my excitement!!! [​IMG]

Looking forward to it Erich! :D

BTW, did you get a chance to read any of my masters???

9. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I wish I could say.........still sorting through pics and my author friend is healing up after a vicious attack from a neighborhood dog. It opened his arm up really bad from the wrist up to the elbow, plus part of his face was torn open..........Yuk !

my suggestion is to buy the JG 300 two volume set and our book fits in the end of the first volume and the beginnings of the second.

May I ask what variant of the Ju 87 are you most interested in to model ?, and no I have not seen your completed text either, I think we were waiting for you to finish it first, left at the first draft. so I am assuming then it is completed and submitted ?

more to come !

E ♪

10. Tarrif

Tarrif Member

I'm glad you guys enjoyed my website and the interviews within. I have about a dozen more interviews and will always take reader submissions if any of you would care to share/correct data. Sources are encouraged. What would you guys like to see next?

11. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Welcome aboard Tarrif!

What would I like to see next???

Your signature without the controllers... ;)

Sorry, but thats a great pic... :cool:

I am still wondering about the op on the op on the Oder River... But do you have any reports of Stukas at Crete or in support of airborne ops???

12. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Erich,

still waiting for my supervisor to read my work! He has been too busy with a conference to read it! Hoping to start on the re-writes next month.

Its gonna be an early Stuka... Its the old airfix kit!

13. FramerT

FramerT Ace

Have always had a soft spot for err,uhmm, X-box controllers.

14. Tarrif

Tarrif Member

While she might have looked good back then, you do NOT want to see that chick nowadays (she's my neighbor). As for the Oder River raids, I have no PRO (or otherwise) documents that even suggest that raid even happened - however some friends in Germany have confirmed that they are knocked out to this day. Some locals report that German or Russian planes did it (makes no sense for the Russians to do that) so I think if we look hard enough we might find something.

15. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Just an idea for you, RedBaron - try to get hold of the old Osprey/DelPrado book, Junkers Ju87 Over The Mediterranean by John Weal ( 1999 ). This was in the 'Aircraft Of The Aces' series and has lots of colour profiles of Stukas.

This particular edition is worth seeking out as it features a really striking Ian Wyllie painting on the cover, showing an 87B of Stg77 attacking a British cruiser during the Crete campaign. ( I'd love to have the original painting...)

16. TheRedBaron

TheRedBaron Ace

Will add that to the B'day list!

Cheers MArtin!

17. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Guys a little reminder for all of you.

Hs 129 author(Classic Pubs)is writing his massive work on the Ju 87 variants and ops/crews right now........I am sure this will be one of those top-notch, out of print titles real soon kinda books

off to the hospital, gag I am bleeding all over the place........... ~

18. Martin Bull

That would be Martin Pegg, right ? It will be interesting to see this book ; Peter C. Smith seems to have almost made a one-man cottage industry of writing Stuka books.

( PS : Eeeugh, Erich - sounds nasty ! :eek: Hope all is OK at the hospital for you..... :( )

19. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Yes martin, sorry not to mention the author. Funny I was told this was suppose to be a secret............why ?

yeah I am mesed up, my legs are looking about as good as some of the riders in the Tour de France after their crack-ups. guess I need to get out at 6am to ride to get away from the psycho's. this hurts to type anyway

20. Martin Bull

And here's something else for Stuka lovers - the latest addition to my German snapshot collection................

[​IMG]