Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

For you TCM classics and rare movies hounds. Check some of these out that will be out tween Man and

Discussion in 'WWII Films & TV' started by C.Evans, Feb 16, 2011.

1. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

For those who like classic movies, rarely seen movies and such, check out this list of whats coming up on TCM during March and April. Many of these are NOT on DvD nor even VHS or any other format. Many of these rerely see the light of play.

For YOUR heads up and pleasure, I present the following:

1) March 4, Pride of the Marines w/ John Garfield. 2 PM.

2) March 7: Fortunes of Captain Blood w/ Louis Hayward. 8:15 AM.

3) March 28) In Which We Serve w/ Sir John Mills. 9:45 AM.

4) March 29: Golden Voyage of Sinbad w/ John Phillip Law. 3:30 AM.

5) March 30: This Man's Navy w/ Wallace Beery. 10:45 AM.

6) March 30: You're In the Army Now w/ Jimmy Durante. 12:20 PM. This one is a hoot-saw it a few months ago.

7) March 30: Air Raid Wardens w/ Laurel and Hardy. 3:30PM.

8) March 30: See Here Private Hargrove w/ Robert Walker & Keenan Wynn. 4"45PM.

9) April 1: The Story of G.I. Joe w/ Robert Mitchum as the Company Commander and Burgess Meredith as beloved Ami War Correspondant: Ernie Pyle. 3PM.

10) April 2: Son of a Sailor w/ Joe E. Brown. This is very rarely shown and is a hilarious knee-slapping comedy. 6AM.

11) April 2: The Steel Helmet w/ Gene Evans. 2PM. This movie was made by Samuel Fuller, the man who gave us other classics like: Fixed Bayonets, The Frogmen, Hell and High Water and The Big Red One.

12) April 3: Put Potter w/ Tom Courteney. 4AM.

13) April 7: 36 Hours w/ James Garner, Rod Taylor, Werner Peters and John Banner. 1:15PM. This is an excellent somewhat little known movie.

14) April 11?: Invasion Quartet w/ Bill Travers. 5AM.

15) April 11: The Command w/ Guy Madison & James Whitmore Sr. 8AM. This is a VERY rarely shown and excellent Western.

16) April 11: Thunder Over the Plains w/ Randolph Scott & Charles McGraw. 11AM. ANother excellent and VERY rarely seen Western.

17) April 13: A Southern Yankee w/ Red Skelton and I THINK Gwinn "Big Boy" Williams??? 8PM. A hilarious civil war comedy.

18) April 13: The Littlest Rebel w/ Shirley Temple. 10PM. This her best IMO and very funny.

19) April 13: Advance To the Rear w/ Glenn Ford. 11:30PM. Yet another great and hilarious Civil War movie which is shamefully VERY rarely shown.

20) April 15: The Wooden Horse w/ Peter Finch. 8PM.

21) April 15: The Colditz Story w/ Sir John Mills, Eric Portman, Theodor Bikel, Lionel Jeffries and Anton Differing. 10PM. One of the top best Prisoner of War escape movies.

22) April 15: The One That Got Away w/ Hardy Kruger as LW Fighter Pilot and RKT: Franz von Werra. 12AM. This is an excellent movie.

23) April 16: Ball of Fire w/ Gary Cooper, Barbara Stanwyck, Dana Andrews and Dan Duryea. 8PM. This is an excellent movie.

24) April 19: Yellow Jack w/ Robert Montgomery. 8:45 AM. This is an excellent movie and I was surprised I could actually like it. Anyway, this movie is about the discovery of medicine for "yellow jack" and was a well made movie.

25) April 20: The Siege At Red River w/ Van Johnson. 12:15PM. This is a SUPER RARELY shown movie.

26) April 21: Great Day In the Morning w/ Robert Stack. 1:45 AM.

27) April 21: Hangmans Knot w/ Randolph Scott. 3:30.AM.

28) April 21: Devils Doorway w/ Robert Taylor. 5PM.

29) April 24: Call Out the Marines w/ Victor McLaglen. 4:45AM.

30) April 24: The King of Kings w/ Jeffrey Hunter as the Lord Christ. 1:30PM. This is also an excellent movie.

31) April 25: Morocco w/ Gary Cooper and Marlene Dietrich. 7:45PM???? A nice early outing for the both of them.

32) April 28: The Night People w/ Gregory Peck. 12:30PM. This is a VERY rarely shown gem of a movie. Ive only seen a small part of it btu what I saw was great. Its a classic Cold War/Spy type movie.