Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Free Copy of my Book: Breaking the Code

Discussion in 'War in the Pacific' started by karenlalaniz, Nov 24, 2012.

1. karenlalaniz

karenlalaniz Member

Hi there. It's been a while since I've posted here. My memoir, Breaking the Code: a Father's Secret, a Daughter's Journey, and the Question That Changed Everything came out a year ago. It's about my father, a WWII veteran who began having symptoms of Post-traumatic Stress Disorder more than 50-years after the war, and my quest to find out why. I could never have imagined what I would learn about my father in the years that followed, and the 400-pages of letters he finally gave me.

In celebration of the publication anniversary, and Veteran's Day month, I'm holding a raffle on my website. We are giving away three double-signed copies of our book (Dad and I will sign). I would really love it if someone here on the WWII Forum site won a copy; I know you all are interested in the subject. The drawing will be held on December 7th. If you'd like to enter to win, just visit my home page at Story Matters . Good luck and feel free to pass the word! ~Karen

PS I hope this is the correct place to post this.

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Hi Karen. I read your book and found it quite good. I entered your contest through Facebook. Hard to believe it's been a year already.

3. karenlalaniz

karenlalaniz Member

I remember you. Thank you for the endorsement! It is indeed hard to believe it's been a whole year! And what a year it has been. Not many children get to experience the joy and honor of sharing their father's story with the world. It has been so fun - sitting with him at book signings, hearing the stories people share. His story has spurred so many people toward getting their own stories written down. Anyway, good luck in the drawing! ~Karen