Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

French 8th Motorized infantry

Discussion in 'Medals, Insignia, Badges & Recalls' started by TacticalTank, Sep 1, 2011.

1. TacticalTank

TacticalTank Member

Hello everyone,
    I thought that I would post this here to see if anyone can accomplish this because I sure can't...
    Lately I have been looking around at stores and other thing's and I came across a GREAT ONE! Now, I have seen it mentioned on only ONE forum post on this website and it only had 1 replie so I am assuming not many people have heard of this place but first, a story.
    So like I said i was out looking around at stores and I ran across one wich caught my attention. So me and my grandma's friend go in (I know wierd but he's really cool, and a veteran) and we thought we walked in to heavon. There was this store hidden in a tiny corner of a mini-mall which would have millions of dollars if it was known more. So we not only get a course on diffrent thing's (Flare gun's, helmets, propaganda, Flak gun's, and SO MUCH MORE!) I ended up purchasing a pin of the French 8th motorized infantry and I can't find this pin anywhere on the internet! This is making me doubt it's authentic, but it definatly was used somewhere due to it's visable age. So i was wondering if anyone can find a PICTURE (I have read about it just not seen a picture of it's pin) of there pin. The pin is entitled at the top: "AUSTRASIE" and it has, in the middle, a white cross along with the letters and numbers: "R8M" and under it "I". I think it means "8th infantry regiment motorized" but I am not sure.

As for the store: it is called "EMedals" and they have most of there buisness online at this URL: www.EMedals.ca
    It has everything from daggers, newspapers, grenades, medals, patches and pins.