Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

French MAS 49/56 7.5x54 info needed

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Mystery7s, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Mystery7s

Mystery7s recruit

Hello: French MAS 49/56 7.5x54 info needed to add to collection. I recently purchased one at an estate sale. There where over 500 weapons sold at the auction from a private collection. The owner had passed away and his collection was sold by the county. Even his Cannon that his remain where fired out of. It was a nice experiance to be at the auction, but the gun dealers that where there buying would not talk to anyone. Even the ones that I knew from meeting them at the gun shows. The recent gun show in Las Vegas on Nov. 17th & 18th I only found 3 people who even talked about the Mas. 1 person had Brass and the other 2 had boxed ammo( 1 box from 1 guy and the other guy had 5 boxes).

If you have info, own some, or have anything to say about them please post.
    Many Thanks

2. Mystery7s

Mystery7s recruit

Went to the range with my wife and had lots of fun with this MAS 49/56. She enjoyed shooting it too. All she shot was 1 clip 10rds. Then she wanted to try my colt 38. She liked the colt so much it was hard to get it back from her. She went through 100rds with this six shooter like it was her favorite starbucks coffee. Then she shot my m101. She had a blast with it, but the old police 38 special was her favorite. It has been a very long time since she has shot any guns. Her grouping with the colt 38 was scary because it was all in the same spot nice and tight and better than mine. The sound of the Mas startled her but she was happy that it did not kick hard. For me the MAS was GREAT. Even the guys at the range that where making fun of the French changed their minds about this rifle after they shot it and asked me if I knew where they could get one. It was very cool. I let anyone at the range try it that wanted to try it. The range operators had a blast and had a couple of their regular great guys that shot every day with them come try it. They all made me feal very at home and WOW I got to shot theirs too and now I really want an MP5. Thanks for reading and please post any comments, questions, answers, or info for me and everyone else. Thank you.

3. Dan K. Evans

Dan K. Evans recruit

I am happy to see a MAS post. I have the 49/56 (with battle pack) and 36/51. Both are in great shape and likely never issued. Ammo (7.5X54) is available online from Ammunitiontogo.com, mfg. by Prvi Partizan, 100 rds. for $57.95. I plan to shoot both guns next week. These rifles were bought from SOG.com about 10 years ago. Now I seldom seen any for sale. Apparently, it is not possible to remove the grenade launcher from the barrel. Can anyone advise me on this? Also, I would like some additional discussion on the MAS rifles - someone with shooting experience.