Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Future War RP

Discussion in 'The Members Lounge' started by Siberian Black, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Siberian Black

Siberian Black New Member

via TanksinWW2
    (Note to everybody else....Come join!)

Rattrap glanced at his tactical monitor. The new recruit was coming today 'There he is' he said watching the approching fighter with a practised eye.

This is Mars Command to Commander Gonzales
    Go ahead
    Keep an eye on Commander Henderson. He's still green but Fleet Command thinks he's got guts.
    Roger that. Welcome aboard, Tyrano, I'm Ghost.

The fighter settled down near Ghost's Mechon and the cockpit opened after a short span. After walking the bulky beast into the hanger Ghost shook hand with his teammate for the next six months. 'Nice to meet you, kid'

(Note: Rattrap refers to all humans as kid once before he knows them...he's over 2000 years old in Earth Standard)

2. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    When I joined the special infantry, I never thought I'd be in for something this special. I mean, teaming up with a 7-foot humanoid rat to save humanity's pretty out there. But, I acted like I was meeting any new teammate-I climbed out of my F16V, and shook hands. The rest, was pretty routine. I got to my quarters, and beamed a transmission back to base.

Tyrano to base. I've arrived.
    (What do you think, Siberian?)

3. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    (looking good)

Watching his new teammate head to his quarter rattrap had a twinge of regret I'm sticking my nose where I shouldn't Passing it off as nervesness Rattrap walked to his quarters and flipped on the commset.

Incoming Transmission: Priority Delta
    Enemy movement has been detected to the north of your location. Once we have better information we'll send you and Henderson in. Be prepared for heavy combat and any surprised these bugs have. Godspeed gentlemen.

4. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I had just finished organizing my stuff when my new teammate came in and said we had to go.Wow, I thought. I haven't been here for 30 minutes and already we have a mission. Oh well. I grabbed my AK47, SMG, and Desert Eagle, checked to see that they were loaded, and followed Rattrap out the door.

5. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    Strapping himself in Rattrap glanced across at Henderson, "Cripes, he's gotta be good. Rank of Commander and hardly out of combat training." he muttered. Tossing a salute to the waiting tech in a pressure suit the airlock opened slowly. Just as it reached it's max the power failed, "Shiza! That's definately not good." activating the ship-to-ship intercom he spoke hurridly "Tyrano. We gotta go. Keep an eye on your sensors for anything....unusual. We still don't have good information on the enemy but that's why the two of us are here. I'm going hot." flipping a series of switches Rattrap activated the power channels to the weapons systems. A set of crosshairs superimposed itself on the transparisteel canopy and the plasma ignitor warmed up.

6. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    "Roger, Ghost." I powered up the ion thrusters, and hit the throttle. Instead of the roar of engines driving my fighter forward, there was a sputter, and then everything died down. "Great!" I exclaimed. "I'm grounded!". But, I wasn't waiting for the enemy to strafe me on the ground, so I jumped out, and had a look. I found a burnt-out wire. That seemed simple enough to fix. I rewired the circuit breaker to bypass the damage, got back in the cockpit, and hit the throttle again. Same sputter. I activated my intercom.
    "Ghost, this is Tyrano. I can't take off! One of the wires are burnt out, but when I rewired the circuit breaker it still won't work! Now what are we supposed to do?"

7. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    Alright sir I'll relay that to Command
    >Thanks Ghost. We'll be there as soon as we can

<Ghost, this is Tyrano. I can't take off! One of the wires are burnt out, but when I rewired the circuit breaker it still won't work! Now what are we supposed to do

''Great...." Rattrap ran his fingers through his hair and clicked the intercom, "My fighter is in the hanger toward the back. It's the all black one with a series of red kill symbols along the nose under the gun ports. You can use it. I'm changing the controls so I won't have to explain the normal operating procedure. That would take hours we don't have. Get moving, Tyrano. The outpost we're headed to is under attack...and losing."

8. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    "Roger". I raced to the hanger and found Rattrap's fighter. I strapped myself in and moved to the launch bay. It's roomy in here, I thought to myself. Probably because it's made for pilots a foot taller than I am. I hit the throttle. The thrusters came to life and in no time, I was airborne.
    "Tyrano to Ghost. I'm airborne. Over."

9. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    "Copy that. Enjoying the ride?" Chuckling Rattrap waved the 60 pound arm of his mechon, "If you fly a strafing run over me at about 30 feet off the deck, the tractor beam will lock onto me. If you see anything just hit the release button on the console and I'll drop free."

[the SF-16D has an all glass cockpit so Rattrap is referring to an icon on the touch screen]

10. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    "Alright". I turned, and saw Ghost's mechon. I lowered my altitude and, just like Ghost said, the tractor beam lcked on and we were both in the sky.
    "Okay, Ghost", I said. "Where's this outpost we're supposed to go to?"

11. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    "About 50 miles north of this base. Since that fighter can do Mach 3 in this atmosphere we'll be there in a few minutes. By the way, you have quite an arsenal at your fingertips. Duel 20mm E-Vulcan cannons in the nose, and 36 narrow proton torps in the belly. Not to mention a heavy duty Arc Sheild system. that's the little fist in the corner. Don't touch that though, it's kinda finicky."

12. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    "I'm setting course. Hang on, 'cause we're gonna' go supersonic!".
    A few minutes later, me and Ghost arrived at the outpost. At least, what was left of it. "Ghost! I see some anit-aircraft batteries! Think you can take care of 'em?"

13. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    "I got 'em" Rattrap slammed the release button and the mechon free fell, "You're clear. Watch out for any aircraft. They'll be hard to hit. But make sure they're hostile first. We might have reinforcements later." With a short burst from the M-4 chaingun Rattrap destroyed the first battery. the second began traking to target him and he grinned. Cracking his neck, he switched to the Boresaw and started the weapon. the spinning blades punched an x in the armour instants before the powerful drive motor ripped it open. "Scratch one and two. hit the third with a torp and we're done here. I'll see if anyone's still alive. I doubt it, but command will have my butt if I don't. This was a weapon test facility. does BFG mean anything to you?"

14. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    "Sorry, never heard of anything like that", I replied to Ghost. "Hey, wait a sec. Ghost, I've picked up two flying objects heading this way! They're doing Mach 2.5. I think maybe we should try to hide and see what they're up to."

15. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    "Hit the ground but don't power off. Be ready to hit the booster when I tell you." Rattrap snapped as his finely tuned combat instincts kicked in, "I've found some of the scientists and I've got them manning an AA gun. I'm gonna find a hole and see if I can pop a traker into one of these buggers" Running to a shallow depression, Rattrap stopped the mechon. Jamming the helmet of his SPARTAN suit on he slapped the airlock key and was shot out of the cockpit. Grabbing an orange shell out of the pack on the mechon's back he shoved it into the firing chamber of his .52cal sniper rifle. "Come an' get it fellas."

16. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    I did as I was told and landed, but kept the power on, finger hovering over the booster button, ready to hit it. In the other hand I clutched my SMG. My Desert Eagle was in it's holster, AK47 strapped to my back.
    This was gonna' be interesting.

17. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    The first fighter shot over the ridge and slowed down as it approched the base. "Dammit, they're landing!" Rattraop swore and fired at the lead fighter. The bullet pierced the fuel tank and a red fluid sprayed into the thin martian atmosphere. Nodding in satisfation Rattrap glanced at this fighter sitting on the ground. The second enemy turned toward the fighter and he saw a thin red light building in two forward extensions [I'll draw the enemy tomorrow afternoon if I remember. just for kicks] "GO Ty, go!Hit the booster!" The port
    sheild segment flared breifly as the wepaon discharged and then the plane was out of the beam. Shieding his eyes against the glare of the rocket exhaust, Rattrap draw his 1.00 cal out of it's back holster and opened fire, "That's *bang* for *bang* shooting *bang* at *bang* my *bang* plane and *bang**bang* that's for shooting at my teammate." he stopped as the glazed front shatterred and a grey-blue being fell out. "Hit the first one with a torp he's not gonna make it back. Then land and meet me in the caf." turning his back on the sputtering flames, Rattrap climbed back into his mechon and jogged toward the base.​

18. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    As soon as Ghost shouted the command, I slammed the booster button and was airborne. I blew up the being with a torp and met Ghost at the caf. "What should we do now?" I asked.

19. Siberian Black

via TanksinWW2
    "For starters, I'm putting in a requisition for reinforcements. These things are more dangerous than we thought. The sheild generator on the fighter is non-functional since it burned out just after you got out of the way. I think if we can get your fighter back, we can make more of a dent in thier attacks. I'm guessing you're kind of lost in the SF-16? Either way, we have to figure out how to track back to thier mothership or whatver they're using as a launch pad. Any ideas?"

20. Blaster

Blaster New Member

via TanksinWW2
    "Maybe we could search the fighters for anything useful-if they're not completly trashed, that is. "