Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

FW-200C Condor kit

Discussion in 'Modelling' started by Class of '42, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Class of '42

Class of '42 Active Member

This is the exact model kit that I built as a young kid, with some help from dear old Mom. So I decided to built one again, as that first one disappeared years ago.

FW-200C Condor.jpg

Otto, Martin Bull, Nickygio and 4 others like this.
  2. Prospero Quevedo

Prospero Quevedo Well-Known Member

I built that same model as well didn't glide very well but that piccolo Pete with the end squeezed really sent it flying in dozens of directions, don't tell the kid's about the piccolo Pete.... Wonder if they still sell those. I want to get the roden fw200, Roden seems to have a line of unique kits.

3. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Brings back memories of looking at that box through the local model shop window. Revell kits were considered rather 'exotic' in the UK at the time, and I just couldn't afford it.....:(

bronk7 likes this.
  4. bronk7

bronk7 Well-Known Member

..great box art.....top gunner ready to unload or already is

5. Prospero Quevedo

Lol, you got me thinking when I was a kid in Los Angeles and would wak like a mile down the business district to a old model shop and the kits were so cheap then. Man if I had known that bat Mobil and hawk kits were going to become big bucks I would have bought a bunch and pack them away. I remember when I was in my 20-30s spending the day going to all the local hobby shops but now there are so few. Just a handful left now and not as close as use to, one of the reasons I got into mail order and found great sales from squadron and great models......now part of another company.

6. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I remember back in the nineties going into a privately owned hardware shop because I was told they had some models...I asked where they were and was directed to an alcove...I found all these old models stacked hap hazardly all covered in thick dust. Hundreds of old models no one cared about..! I took my time and managed to get some real gems.

Do you have any Australian models?

7. Takao

Takao Ace

Squadron is not part of another company...They closed ups shop back in January.

8. Prospero Quevedo

Great models was bought out by something Bros hobbies, but I use to still find it under great hobbies and it would redirect you to the new company.

9. Prospero Quevedo

Ozmod is Australian got their C7 but A model has a plastic one now. Might 15 uti, f86, b47 Canberra. I hope my nephew there can find me a deal on the,f9f panther and the E,2 Greyhound. Where are you located my nephew is in Melbourne got married just last year.

10. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

I'm opposite end to Melbourne...Darwin, the Top End. Some great hobby shops in Melbourne.
    The F86 - Is really a variant of the F86...CAC Sabre/Avon Sabre...Avon engine with two 30mm cannon replacing the 6x .50 cals of the American version.

CAC Sabre model

[​IMG]

bronk7 likes this.
  11. Prospero Quevedo

The kit I got is the us f86 with us markings, thanks for giving me another variant to think about. I had a model with Australian markings just have to find it. I was also working on a Canadian and building a H model. I'll try to post as things go. BTW is Darwin the place that has a lot of lighting storms. I they said that the unique thing about the storms is as many strikes down to earth lighting shoots up into space and scientists are curious as to what is going on in the atmosphere and space. Lol maybe it'll knock out one of those Chinese SATs. Have you purchase any ozmod kits. Is there any other Australian model companies. Are you guys getting any of what

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  12. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Remember it’s not just the markings...the Australian version has just two gun ports for the two 30mm cannon...they had initial trouble with the cannon...the rounds kept hitting the deflecter shield...they fixed it though.
    Australia has some of the most beautiful and longest highways in the world...You can travel from the middle of Darwin city to almost the middle of Adelaide city via the Stuart Highway for example...top to bottom.
    Darwin is in the tropics, we have totally different weather from down south...we get the wet season every year, but no flooding...ever in Darwin. (maybe a couple of small areas but that’s it) we have some of the best drainage systems in the world in Darwin to cope with the yearly deluge...we get Cyclones (hurricanes) instead.

13. Prospero Quevedo

Yeah that was the first thing I liked about it the large single gun port I figured I would use my roto tool to cut a slit and build it out with strip plastic. I'll have to research squadrons and find one with easy to duplicate markings. Do you have Google hangouts. Maybe we can chat sometime. What show's do you like. I've been watching the deep, McLeod's daughters, and outback truckers all Australian productions.

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Good Australian tv shows...hmm...that’s a hard one : )
    Neighbours and Home and Away are huge in Britain...they have been watching Australian drama for years, since the 70s with shows like Prisoner and The Sullivans....I think the US only got ‘Skippy’...
    I don’t watch much tv these days...mostly the AFL from Thursday to Sunday. Sci fi fan, military.
    Britain has a rich history of great to shows, particularly comedies...you should plumb their depths for good tv...

15. ColHessler

ColHessler Member

Here in the States, we got "Prisoner" as "Prisoner Cell Block H". My Mom loved it. Also I recall a miniseries about Vietnam. The hero was from a tiny town with a WWI statue in it, and at the end in a drunken fit, he blew it up.

CAC likes this.
  16. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Haha...sounds about right

I remember a 1987 Australian tv series called Vietnam...Nicholas Eadie and Nicole Kidman as his younger sister who watches a brother she was close to go to Vietnam and comes back changed...some great Australian 60s music in that one too...Most people watched it when it went to air...haven’t seen it since.