Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German Panzer Corp/Group records

Discussion in 'Military Training, Doctrine, and Planning' started by brkeseel, Jan 11, 2015.

1. brkeseel

brkeseel New Member

I'm searching for a digitised version of PzKorps Guderian (Panzer Corps Guderian: Summary Report) and PzGruppe Kleist (Panzer Group Kleist, War Diary). These are sources used by Karl-Heinz Frieser in his seminal work 'The Blitzkrieg Legend: The 1940 Campaign in the West'. I'm hoping that these records exist digitally and that someone can point me in the right direction?

PzKorps Guderian is followed by 'BA-MA, RH 21-2/54' and PzGruppe Kleist is followed by 'BA-MA, RH 21-1/18'. These are obviously pinpoint citations but I have no idea what databases they refer to.

I'm an amateur researcher in the area of primary source German military records and any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Google is of absolutely zilch use in this area.

2. Black6

Black6 Member

3. Nordwind511

Nordwind511 Member

The informations "BA-MA RH 21-2/54 and "BA-MA, RH 21-1/18" are the numbers of the files and papers. "BA-MA" means "Bundersarchiv -Militärachiv"- the German Military archives in Freiburg. These material is probably also available by NARA. But it isn´t easy to say on which rolls you will be able to find exactly these documents, because the notification of these documents at NARA is naturally different.

You will find what you´re looking for at NARA in T313A probably. At T313A you´ve to look for the 2. Panzerarmee (second part) - there you will find the documents of the XIX. Armeekorps - Guederian´s division in the campaign against France in 1940. I guess it will be items in rolls 78 ...

Now you maybe understand BA-MA RH 21-2/54 (the number is for Panzerarmee 2 - the number 54 is only the number of the document in a folder with other items).