Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German Ulan Lancer helmet

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by AndyPants, Jul 22, 2009.

1. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

hey Kruska and Carl (and everyone else :) ), in some thread or other i read / saw you guys talking about Ulan lancers....i might be mistaken but one of you or both of ye collect this stuff ?.

well anyway on my "travels" i've come across a German Ulan Lancer helmet for sale........(not by me of course :) ) ....but if interested, i can PM you the details - theres plenty of pics too.

anyway let me know if interested

2. Kruska

Kruska Member

Hello AndyPants,

suuuure - let's have a look :) lancer helmets are my favorit / no matter from which country.
    Maybe you can post the pictures under the Imperial thread? Don't mention anything to Carl!! it might be one from the 5th Ulan:D

Thanks for the info

Regards
    Kruska

3. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

hey kruska,

i'll just backtrack and find it again, i'll post a pic or two here......i havent seen many of these helmets before, so i'll leave it too you to decide if it's good or not

4. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

here ya go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Kruska

Kruska Member

Hello AndyPants,

thanks a lot for the photo.

It is a Ulan Tschapka War Modell after 1913 from a regular lancer of the one of the 21 Prussian Ulan Regiments - it is not a Garde Ulan unit.

Condition would be around 3 and the value in Germany would be around 800 - 1500 Euro depending on the source.

Regards
    Kruska

6. AndyPants

AndyPants Ace

hey kruska,

ya no problem for the pics, glad it was of interest

7. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Andys,

Andy, sure do post pics or send me details-only just don't let Kruska know about it yet :lol: :lol: He knows I NEED a helmet to go with the few 5th Uhlan items I have.

I CAN brag about owing a 3-ribbon bar to either the 99 tage Kaiser-or to one of his "Inner Circle" of friends ;-)) as well as a 7 place bar that once belonged to Franz Friedrich von Grossherzog IV (The Grand Duke of Meckklinburg-Schwerin. ;-))

8. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Hi Andy, its a nice one but I couldnt afford this one though I wouldnt mind having it anyway :))

Speaking of Prussian Pichelhaubes, I just saw one in use in a 3rd season episode of Get Smart. It was worn by a Biker Gang member-was Prussian and in great condition at that time. Onw wonders where this "prop" ended up?

Forgot to mention that I do collect Imperial-just not near as much as the WWII stuff. I have two items that are 5th Uhlan in nature-one being a pristinf mint pair of 5th Uhlan Kav Rgmt Rittmeisters shoulderboards and a 3-place 5th Uhlan Rgmt Medal Bar. The Medal bar was owned by an Enlistedman or junion NCO.