Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

German Uniform

Discussion in 'Uniforms, Personal Gear (Kit) and Accessories' started by Slipdigit, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Give me your thoughts on this uniform that belongs to a friend of mine. He bought a house that had owned by a US soldier. He found this uniform in a chest in the attic, along with a treasure trove of other documents, some that he returned to the family of the man who had previously owned the house.

Anyway, correct me where I am wrong. It looks like to me to be a '43 model tunic and trousers of a schutze. The national emblem is missing and my friend says it does not appear to have ever been there, as there are no holes for stitching or fading. It makes me wonder if it had been worn. He says there is no apparent wear at he elbow or knees and edges of the fabric. He says the tunic does not feel like it has a lot of wool in it, which is consistent with that time in the war, but that the trousers, he feels, contain a high percentage of wool. I'm guessing that the waffenfarben on collar insignia demonstrates that he was most likely infantry, but the good condition of the uniform makes me hesitant to say.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

krieg likes this.
  2. Slipdigit

more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Herr

Herr Member

late war HBT (HerringBoneTwill) tunic, with late war litzen (color tabs) and infantry shoulderboards.
    The litzen are late war color, meaning all late war tunics came with same one color lizen for whatever branch. If they came from the army depot that is, privately tailored tunics can still have the branch colored litzen.

See nothing wrong with it.

Do you find any traces of eagle on the breast or sleeve ?

Shame the Y belt is cut.

A nice example.

Keep looking for eagle remains, should be there somewhere.

Cheers

Herr

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

I'd say it's standard 1944 cut, (M1944) it could even have been un-issued as mentioned

5. Slipdigit

Sophomoric excuse for not thanking, I missed the last posts and then forgot about this thread.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.