Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Global Cooling - bring on the warming

Discussion in 'The Stump' started by tfer13, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfer13

tfer13 Member

Check out the headlines. These will change but look to see the weather around the world this morning. It was the same yesterday and has been all winter. I think global warming is a better idea. Both cost too much though. One (cooling) $ to the utilities) and the other (warming) $ to the gov by way of cap and trade. We can't win???

It just shows the fallacy of trying to predict Mother Nature.

DRUDGE REPORT 2010®

2. Hilts

Hilts Member

England is looking like having it's coldest winter in years! Now, I like Scandanavian people but they can have their cold air back, we want our warm Atlantic westerlies back!!!

3. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

port wont last,amoretto next,more snow on it's way,oh dear! more anti-freeze!

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

mother nature.......bah ! it's all cyclic in God's perfect timing whether we like it or not, but it gives us all something to complain about doesn't it ?

5. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

Something that isn't mentioned is we are nearing the middle of the epoch between ice ages. Every 26,000 years or so. The glaciers began melting roughly 10 to 12 thousand year ago. But never fear, once they can figure a way to make an easy living (Gore?) and create business (read BIG money), out of the fear of Global Cooling scientist will find testaments to that fact. The furnaces were running in JULY last year in Minnesota!

6. C.Evans

C.Evans Expert

Ill bet that even though the freak is laughing all the way to the bank on this-that al "Bush-Stole-the-Election' gore, is keeping a bit quiet about his being so darned wrong. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Richard

Richard Expert

Bring it on, lots of it, so I can sit back and :rofl: as this country falls apart at a bit of snow.

8. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

-------------->Moved tot the stump--------->

A comment on global warming (whether you think it's a left wing conspiracy or not).

The current concept does not actually state that you will feel any perceptible increase in the temperature, apparently the overall change is just 0.7 degrees Celsius. How it is expressed is by much more irregular weather globally, some places will get much hotter and some much colder, but the overall change is 0.7 degrees. So cold weather in one small section of the globe doesn't discount the concept.

9. tfer13

tfer13 Member

"So cold weather in one small section of the globe doesn't discount the concept."

Except that this is happening all over the world - no small area. Again I wish for global warming. My garden will thrive in a co2 rich environment

10. Otto

Otto Spambot Nemesis Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

I'm just describing the model used by some scientists, but I'm no scientist myself. Frankly neither is anyone who commented here, and it looks like this whole thread was started by a link from the Drudge Report, which is a political website. Why not try continuing this political discussion over at the Defense, Military, & Geopolitical Forum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.