Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Grandads war records

Discussion in 'WWII General' started by Kezza1974, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Kezza1974

Kezza1974 New Member

Help, I am trying to find out something about my grandad during ww2, but I have barely anything to go on, all I know is that his name is Arthur Robert Young's, he lived in woodbastwick, norfolk, UK. He was born in 1911 and survived the war but I don't know what regiment he was in or what his number was, I'm desperate to find out what he did and where but I'm stuck, any help or information would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance, Kerry.

2. Kezza1974

Kezza1974 New Member

Help, I am trying to find out something about my grandad during ww2, but I have barely anything to go on, all I know is that his name is Arthur Robert Young's, he lived in woodbastwick, norfolk, UK. He was born in 1911 and survived the war but I don't know what regiment he was in or what his number was, I'm desperate to find out what he did and where but I'm stuck, any help or information would be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance, Kerry.

3. Kezza1974

Kezza1974 New Member

4. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You would probably have better luck posting your questions over on our sister site www.ww2talk.com as there is a more commonwealth orientated membership on there.

Good luck with your search.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  5. Mutley

Mutley Active Member

Hi Kezza, there was an A. R. Young on the casualty lists in 1940 a Private in the Suffolk Regiment, service number 5825655. It could be him, but you need to obtain his service record from MOD office, Glasgow. Don't use the Forces War Record site, they do not have the records they claim to have.

Just do a Google search of 'how to obtain copy of British army service record', down load the forms, fill out with date of birth/death and send of your £30. When you receive the records after a few weeks get them scanned in and posted to the WW2talk site for interpretation.

6. Owen

Owen O

7. Owen

Owen O

8. Owen

Owen O

9. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Merged threads.

One per subject, please.