Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Guadalcanal 75th anniversary

Discussion in 'War in the Pacific' started by PTO_Paratrooper, Aug 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. PTO_Paratrooper

PTO_Paratrooper recruit

I leave the end of this week for Guadalcanal for the 75th anniversary. Bloody Ridge is being preserved and made a national park to coincide with the 75th anniversary:
    WWII site Bloody Ridge to be declared national park | SIBC

If you are in need of photos of a particular location or monument on the island, research that can only be conducted on the ground, want sand from one of the beaches, etc. – do not hesitate to get in contact with me.

Please email your Guadalcanal requests to pto1945@gmail.com and we can discuss your needs further.

2. PTO_Paratrooper

PTO_Paratrooper recruit

Apologies for resurrecting this old thread, but with the return of international travel I thought I would share the following for those interested. I am organizing and leading a 27-day expedition to the remote Pacific War battlefields of Guadalcanal and the Solomon Islands in 2nd quarter 2022. Islands in the Solomons we will visit include: Guadalcanal, Tulagi, Gavutu-Tanambogo, Florida, Savo, New Georgia, Sasevele, Baraulu, Mbanga, Vangunu, Lubaria (Todd City), Rendova, Bau, Barabuni, Kokorana, Arundel, Kolombangara, Ghizo, Plum Pudding (Kennedy Island), Olasana, Naru (Ross Island), Ranongga, Vella Lavella. All of these islands are locales of the Solomons Campaign, and WWII history is just waiting to be explored and uncovered. We will also visit WWII sites on Viti Levu, Fiji. On the back-end of the expedition, currently looking into a potential extension to Tarawa. I have traveled to these destinations multiple times. If this has piqued your interest and you are interested in participating and you would like to know more, contact me via email at pto1945@gmail.com.

3. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Watch out for Pirates...Perhaps you can take something quintessentially American to place in the right spot/s.
    If i was going to Australian battle sites...i would take some gum leaves with me for example.