Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hartmann Wardrobe Streamer Trunk owned by First Lieutenant Theodore Akimoto U.S. Army

Discussion in 'Other Militaria' started by matt.bott, Jul 23, 2010.

1. matt.bott

matt.bott recruit

I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this or if this is allowed on the forum. I read the rules and searched to find an answer, but found nothing. If this is a violation of the forum rules, please delete my post. It is not my intention to spam the boards. I'm new to collecting WWII items and thought the members of the board should see this auction on eBay. It's a little to big for me, but I think its a neat find. Again, I apologize if this conduct is not allowed. I'm not here to bother anyone.

Hartmann Wardrobe Streamer Trunk World War II WWII Era - eBay (item 290454568518 end time Jul-25-10 18:00:07 PDT)

The Hartmann trunk was owned by First Lieutenant Theodore Akimoto U.S. Army. The really cool part is Akimoto was interviewed for Ken Burn's "The War." They have links to the interview on the ebay auction as well as links to Akimoto's service record.

2. Sara Akimoto

Sara Akimoto recruit

This is Sara Akimoto, daughter of Theodore Akimoto. I regret to inform you dad passed away January 4th, 2011, at 89, three weeks before his 90th birthday. He was an honorable, loving, greatly respected and loved man who served in the 442nd RCT, and lost two brothers there. Our family would be eternally grateful if anyone has any information as to how to contact the person who bought his trunk. He will receive a full military burial in June, and any military memorabilia would be so wonderful.