Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Have you ever purchased a book based on a ww2f review?

Discussion in 'Book Reviews' started by dgmitchell, Nov 24, 2009.

?

Have you ever purchaed a book based on a ww2f review?

1. Yes, only 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, 2-3

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Yes, more than 3

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. No

6 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. dgmitchell

dgmitchell Ace

All ~ Please take a moment to respond to this survey. I am trying to assess the reach of our book reviews.

2. mikebatzel

mikebatzel Dreadnaught

Hi David, I have personally purchased three books based upon the reviews you have posted. 1 book I had read before you posted a review. 2 books I purchased based on your recommendation, without a review.
    So I guess 6, but I voted for only three

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Hi David. I've picked up three of the books on the list of books reviewed. I tend not to buy so many anymore, but I seek them out at the library to read. I just looked at the list again, and there are several more that are in my queue for after the holidays. Keep up the good work. It is beneficial to the members, even if there is little active response to a review.

4. Erich

Erich Alte Hase

Dave I am clueless where is the listing if I may ask ? edit, edit

just saw the listing and no I have not used the reveiws my tastes are too specialized I suppose ........

5. WotNoChad?

WotNoChad? Member

Either based on a review, or having been mentioned as a solid ref on whatever I was digging into.

6. Fgrun83

Fgrun83 Member

7. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

purchased a book today david,but from a link to a book "german military symbols and abbreviations 1943-45" re thread I posted,but not from any review,ray..

8. uksubs

uksubs Member

My downfall is reading Martin Bull book reviews as he got very good taste

9. stano666

stano666 Member

Funny you asked, i'm looking for a book with info on luftwaffe planes (all t ones that flew or were tested, t paper only projects i don't care much about) see trough drawings, technical data, foto's etc. kind of stuff is what i'm interested in.
    I'm building 1:72 scale models of luftwaffe planes and technical data, drawings & foto's, background info on them are of my intress, sofar i've found nice things on this site, no books yet tho, but the rest more than makes up for it, and i've just (RE-)started this hobby so..
    Greetings stano666

10. stano666

stano666 Member

I ordered: "wings of the luftwaffe" by Winkle .., should arrive next week. :)
    Suggestions are still welcome ofcourse.

11. Artem

Artem Member

not really. but I purchased the book suggested by Gardner on the naval engineering topic :p

12. Biak

Biak Boy from Illinois Staff Member

I just voted a No. But not due to the lack of good reviews/posts. I have jotted down a few titles I will probably pick up in the future though.

13. stano666

stano666 Member

The following titles look promising: "warplanes of the third reich" by W. Green and "German aircraft of the second world war" by Kay & Smith (the initials are unknown to me) i might purchase them (or one of them).
    If someone has knowledge about them, i'm happy to read his/her opinion. Maybe i'd change my mind if necessary, these books aren't cheap (for me tho.) so any evaluation on them is more than welcome.
    Greetings stano666

14. Martin Bull

Martin Bull Acting Wg. Cdr

Although this isn't a review thread, I'll chip in a quick thought on Green's book. It was for many years a standard work of reference and still stands the test of time as a comprehensive, well-illustrated guide. However, much subsequent research has modified some of Green's detail ( I'm sure Erich would agree here ). But I like the book very much and always have it close at hand.

15. stano666

stano666 Member

I can say yes now, i'll pick up wings of the luftwaffe tomorrow. Warplanes of the third reich, German aircraft of the second ww and Hitlers luftwaffe i've just ordered, i hope they'll arive soon.
    Greetings stano666

16. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

I haven't, but only because I have a list of wants the length of Route 66....:rolleyes: