Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hearts Of Iron Platinum

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by ghost_of_war, Dec 14, 2008.

1. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

OK, after hearing tons of great reviews and such and finding the game at Big Lots for $4, yes, new in the box/sealed for $4, I decided to give it a try. Now, what advice would you have for a total noob at this series as I am used to RTS games like Company Of Heroes and Turned Based like the Total War series.

Should I start with early campaign, late? Or, should I suffer through the tutorial. :D

2. Joe

Joe Ace

It would be best if you go through the tutorial. It is a very complicated game, and there are some things you must learn the hard way.
    For example, I never produced any specialized infantry untill recently. Marines are very good at amphib. landings.
    If you are stuck, it is best to ask here. But you really should play the tutorial.
    Oh and alwasy start in the 1936 campaign, it gives you a lot more time.

3. ghost_of_war

ghost_of_war Member

Thanks, bud. I'll take your advice for sure.

4. JTF-2

JTF-2 Member

Yep do the tutorial. I little boring, but you need to get the "jist" of the basics to really enjoy the game. In no time you will be conquer of the world!! Muhahahahaha

Enjoy, and feel free to ask any questions!

Good Luck

5. Joe

Joe Ace

Another thing: Paratroopers and transport planes are very expensive, but make the investement early (try to go pre-1940), and they will prove very usefull later on.