Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hello all!

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Zeke1985, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Zeke1985

Zeke1985 New Member

My name is Zach, my forum name is Zeke1985. I'm 33 years old originally from KY and currently living in Colorado. I became interested in ww2 as a little kid, mostly fascinated by the aircraft. My grandad was a waist gunner as well as a stint as a tail gunner on B17s(the heavy in the foreground of my profile pic was a plane he a flew on at some point, we have his dairy and tail numbers of the planes he crewed). He was shot down over occupied France, evaded capture before he was taken in by members of the French Resistance. I've actually got a recording he did I in the early 1980s of him telling about his final mission. Anyway so I am obviously interested in the air war as well as all aspects of the Eastern Front.

Hobbies I'm into are backpacking, which is the reason I moved to Colorado. I am also an avid gun owner and love to visit the range I am a member of. I do a decent amount of pc gaming, currently getting into battlefield 1. I went o school for graphic communications and photography. I am currently about to finish reading Army of Evil: A History of the SS by Adrian Weale.

Slipdigit and JJWilson like this.
  2. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forums Zeke, I too became interested in WW2 as a young boy largely because of aviation, and I too lived in Colorado from 2004-2010, before we moved here to Arizona. I lived in Monument Colorado, just outside of Colorado Springs, smallish town, great view of Pikes Peak, and a 30-40 minute drive to the Air Force academy.

3. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

4. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

5. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Welcome from Pennsylvania!

6. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Welcome Aboard Zach!

7. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome Zeke, good to have you join.

If you feel led to and have the time, go to this forum and add a thread about your grandfather and what he did.

What Granddad did in the War