Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hello all

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by Sammo, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Hi all,

I am Sammo (Samantha really but old nickname), or happy to just be Sam :) I'm 31 and live in Bristol, UK.

The WW's are still relatively new to me - up until recently I have been researching a soldier from WW1 which has taken me on a journey I never knew I had an interest in.... fast forward a few months and I have agreed to research my partners grandfathers who both served in WW11 and may have a great grandfather in my family who served but not sure I will know enough about him to find anything.

I'm sure once I get started properly this will take me in all sorts of directions like my WW1 research, I'm looking forward to having a nosey around the site to see what I can find out - military history is not something I had ever considered researching before.

Thank you in advance to anyone offering advice when I post questions (of which I'm sure there will be some), this is all still quite new to me so I appreciate any guidance offered.

Sam :)

2. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

3. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Hello Sam. Nice to have you around. You never know what you'll find once you start digging. There are plenty of Brits about who can answer your questions. You might also join our sister site ww2talk. They have a more British and Continental bent and can steer you where you need to go.

4. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!

5. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Welcome to the forum! Rich A. in Pa.