Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hello community, request for help with a wax stamp...

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Eyedentity, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Eyedentity

Eyedentity New Member

A friend of my family recently came across a few interesting artifacts that were apparently owned by their grandfather. Among a few assorted WW2 German pins and smaller pieces was this piece. It looks to me like it's some sort of stamper/sealer. Not sure if it was for ink or for wax. The grandfather was the kind of guy that collected a little bit of everything. I am not only unsure as to what exactly this is but I also don't know if it's authentic. It seems like everything he collected was authentic however these sort of pieces are a subject matter I have zero knowledge in. Hopefully somebody here maybe able to lend their expertise and time to help me out with this mystery piece. I have many photos. If anyone would like to see more please let me know.
    Thank you in advance to anyone that has taken the time to read this, especially anyone that could possible help.
    Sincere regards,
    Alexander Saavedra

Attached Files:

2. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I'm afraid it's modern fake made in Poland

3. Eyedentity

Eyedentity New Member

Wow! Thanks Skipper! I had a feeling. This was the place to ask. I really appreciate your tIme. I'm going to assume this is most likely everywhere since you were able to call fake so quickly.
    Have a great day!
    Alex

4. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

They are easy to spot and have flooded the market . You can find them on Ebay for a few euros and they are usually made with a darkened white wood handle and fantasy markings , often with spelling mistakes.

5. jagdpanther44

jagdpanther44 Battlefield wanderer

I agree with Skipper, those stamps are appearing everywhere these days.

Earlier this month at the Militaria 2014 show there was a seller who had a table full of the stamps for sale at £15 each!