Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hello!

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by mcfair_58, Sep 25, 2013.

1. mcfair_58

mcfair_58 New Member

Hello! My name is Marla Cummins Fair. I apologize for not saying 'hi' before posting to the 37th division page. I didn't know I could! So here I am, and here's a little bit about me.

I live in Troy OH, which is about 20 minutes north of Dayton and 1 hours west of Columbus, OH. We live in the Southwest corner of the state. I am 55 years old and am married. My husband David and I own two buildings in lovely historic downtown Troy. Our business is a combination consignment shop and interior design studio. We have one daughter and one granddaughter. I work in Piqua OH at the historic site, Johnston Farm & Indian Agency, where I take visitors through the 200 year old farmhouse and tell them about John Johnston, a Federal Indian Agent and his family. I also repair antique dolls, write books and teach art.

My hobbies are mostly connected to history and while I admit I prefer pre-1900 history, I have an interest in WWII as my Dad, Dale Lewis Cummins, fought in it. As I mentioned on the forum, as a young girl and woman Dad's service didn't mean much to me. I heard the stories and had some vague idea that he was in the Pacific. Since we studied the war in Europe more, I had little understanding of what he did. As I got older - particularly after my Dad died suddenly in 1992 - I began to search out information on his service with the desire to understand more. As I have done so, my admiration and respect for those in the armed services has grown exponentially!! THANK YOU ALL WHO SERVED AND SERVE!!

I came to this forum hoping to learn more about my Dad's unit(s) and service and I have already done so. I thank you all for that as well!

Marla

Attached Files:

2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member Patron  

Hello again, Marla. Glad you found how to post. I'll study the pictures more closely when I have more time, but the second one looks very promising. You can see the 37th patch on his left arm.

3. belasar

belasar Court Jester Staff Member

Welcome Aboard Maria!

4. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums, Maria!

5. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

G'day Maria and welcome to the forums.

6. 4jonboy

4jonboy Active Member

Hello and welcome to the forum Marla

Lesley

7. TD-Tommy776

TD-Tommy776 Man of Constant Sorrow

Welcome to the Forum, Marla. Those are great photos of your Dad. Thanks for sharing them.

8. Ruud

Ruud Member

Welcome Maria and thanks for sharing those picturs.

9. merdiolu

merdiolu Member

welcome Marla.....I hope we can help on your research...