Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help-Braefoot Bay Gun Battery!!!

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by toaffer, Apr 29, 2008.

1. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Well, if you need help for a survey of Kinghorn/Pettycur, give me a shout.
    Might take you up on the visit. :)

2. Ronnie

Ronnie Member

Hi Gordon, you're welcome to visit anytime.

Re- Kinghorn survey. This certainly needs done. However I am heavily involved with Kincraig just now. Also I might be doing something on Downing Point & Braefoot afterwards, and then there's Carlinnose and Coastguard batteries.

3. GRW

No worries. I think I have a UKFC survey on Braefoot, I'll rake it out and email it to you if you like.
    There are a couple of good articles from the '80s which covered the Forth defence lines; one was published by Andrew Saunders in the Proceedings of the Society of Antiquarians of Scotland (I think) in 1984, the other two were published in Fort (Journal of the Fortifications Study Group) in the same period. One of them was a survey of the water supply on Inchkeith (and possibly the Isle of May too) by Nigel Ruckley, a member of the FSG who was also a geologist at the British Geological Survey in Edinburgh.
    If you don't already have any of these, let me know and I'll send you them.
    The UKFC was amalgamated into the www.pillbox-study-group.org.uk about three years ago, and the PSG still hold all the archives.

4. Ronnie

Ronnie Member

Hi Gordon, sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I don't have the UKFC survey for Braefoot, but I have copies of the other references you mention. If you don't mind I would like a copy of the UKFC survey. My e-mail address is ronmorris617@hotmail.co.uk

I had an interesting visit to Broughty Castle today but the staff stopped me from taking photos of the WW I&II defences. However, they were decent guys to talk to. They have been told not to let anyone take photos (even outside within the grounds).

5. GRW

Sounds like jobsworths-r-us, Ronnie. :rolleyes:
    No worries, been busy myself. I'll rake out the UKFC survey and email it to you, and see if I have anything else that might be of interest.