Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help - Identify This

Discussion in 'Prelude to War & Poland 1939' started by jhoecannon, May 12, 2011.

1. jhoecannon

jhoecannon recruit

I am asking this question for a man in my home town that does not know how to use a computer...please help if you can.

He says that he has a "medallion" that he thinks is from Warsaw and he believes it dates to either before or during WWII. He said that he believes these medallions were worn on caps that Jews wore...these medallions supposedly identified them as Jews that collaborated with the Nazis. I tried to upload a jpeg picture of it (picture that he gave me), but I was unable to. So, here is a description of that medallion:

Hexagon shaped about the size of a silver dollar. The outside rim is a light blue color. Along this blue rim are three words...ORDNUNGSDIENST and SLUZBA PORZADKOWA. In the middle of this medallion (which is silver in color) is a blue Jewish cross. Above the cross are three words (letters)... Alt R Tsch...and below the cross are three words (letters)... R St Cz.

The back of the medallion is round and appears to be tarnished brass. I can't read the words on top from the photograph that I have, but on the bottom side it says...WARSAWN (or, WARSAW).

Does anybody know what this medallion really is? Does anybody know what it is called? I have 3 pictures of this medallion on my computer. If anybody wants me to email them the pictures, just PM me.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Biak, formerjughead and ULITHI like this.
  3. jhoecannon

jhoecannon recruit

Drill Instructor PzJgr,

That's exactly it...at least, the top photograph with the lighter blue. Thanks so much!

I'm not sure where he got this...I suspect it has been in his family. I think he is embarrassed by this and wants to sell it and get rid of it. I will copy your reply to me and the article you sent me and give him a copy.

I salute you!

Jhoecannon

4. PzJgr

PzJgr Drill Instructor

Glad we could help. :salute: