Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help please figureing this out =)?

Discussion in 'Information Requests' started by Chef des Todes, May 30, 2010.

1. Chef des Todes

Chef des Todes Flight Medic

I've had this for awhile and I just can't figure out who exactly had it.
    I know it came from Stutthof the first camp in Poland, and last to be raided. I know it's real. (Black Lamp trick) Im pretty sure it's rare. Im just a young adult. Well im in College, but still im quite confussed exactly everything about it, so if any experts could help me please. I have no plans on selling, even if it's worth a lot. I love world war 2 items. Also if anyone cause please explain the symbol on the back.( Sorry if i've missed spelled, I have dyslexia.

UPDATE:
    Best I can make out is First Line on Top of Stamp has these letters.
    IM GUESSING- sorry it's extremely faded.

SS-P61rtccyapco.-yea confussing?
    Secound line below this one. Nitsiopptutpoj o.
    Very bottum, no idea.

Attached Files:

2. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

official stutthof camp nazi eagle rubber stamp mark. similar to one in pic, which is not of stutthof, just an example..
    [​IMG]

3. Chef des Todes

I've looked very hard and if I turn it to the side, it looks like the nazi eagle, but i'm still wondering more about it.

4. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

Well from what I can tell you is that it's a medical armband used by selected prisoners at Statthof.

Stutthof was up until 1944 a Labor camp. It's primery function was to supply the nazi war machine with slave labor by assembling weapons, ammunition etc. Majority of it's inmates were non-jewish civilians from different countries (majority were Polish). There were some jewish prisioners there, most of which were trasported from other camps sent there for slave labor.

Eventually, By the end of 1944, large numbers of jews were transported to the camp to be exterminated at the gas chambers.

From what I know about the Stutthof concentration camp (and it's sub camps) is that there were several thyphus epidemics there, in 1942 ,early 1943 and the worst in 1944.. Eventually the medical sections of the camp were expanded for sick prisioners.

So going back to your question, prisioners who were used for labor were treated by camp doctors . Unfortuantely the very sick ones or diseased were murdered by lethal injection of Phenol to the heart. Others were shot, or gassed

The medical armband you have is most likely from a jewish prisioner selected to work in the medical barracks at the camp.. He/she probably helped transfer patients, aid the medical staff, maybe was a prisoner doctor or nurse. Unfortunatley you may never know who it belonged to. Clothes were re-used at all camps. so that armband most likely had several owners, some of which ended up perishing at the camp.

It is estimated that up to 85,000 people died at the Stutthof concentration camp as a result of extermination, torture, disease, living conditions, executions, illness and malnutrition.

One thing is for certain you own a valuable piece of holocaust history. Keep it safe for the next gererations to see the proof that the holocast did occur.

here is some pictures of Stutthoff camp:

[​IMG]
    medical room at the camp

[​IMG]
    operating room.

[​IMG]
    gas chamber

[​IMG]
    Statthof camp

More information..

http://www.holocaustresearchproject.org/othercamps/stutthof.html

5. sniper1946

sniper1946 Expert

spot on suzie, jewish medical concentration armband... see auschwitz one in thumbnail..

see [Special armbands in the ghetto and in the concentration camps] in link..

Jewish badge and armbands 1939-1945

6. Chef des Todes

Sir, it's already in the 3000 pound safe. It will be kept 100% safe.

7. Chef des Todes

Also I agree I feel it was a prisoners. It says Jude=Jewish, I don't think a german doctor would be wearing that.

8. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

i'm a girl.. :p lol!

so how did you get it? Was it passed down or purchased? the story behind it should be really interesting.

9. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Not an eagle but a feather. I have seen those feather ink stamps before. It's an SS mark, but I can't remember which one. Would it be possible to put it in a scanner and scan it a 600dp for a better resolution (just the resized ink stamp )?

10. Chef des Todes

O my gosh i'm so sorry sunny! Skipper of course I can =) the only reason I thought it was the Eagle cause you can barely see the outline below it of a blue circle. If youd like I have a great webcam and msn, if you'd like i can show it to you =)
    Also I bought it for 26 bucks from some teen whose great grand dad passed away, not trying to be rude, but he had no idea what any of the stuff was and just wanted to get rid of it. He asked how much you got, i said 26 dollars and then he handed it to me.

11. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

Yea it does look like a feather..

Do you know anything more about the feather ink stamp. i have been looking online everywhere i can't seem to find any information about it. Seems really intersting, could it be a stamp from a particular waffen SS division?

Well that makes that armband extra rare.

Let me know skip if you find out more about the feather ink stamp.

12. Chef des Todes

0.0 whatever you guys can do to help me out here with this =)

Also the only reason i think its the eagle, is if you look extremely close you can see the outline of an old circle.

But yet the eagle wouldn't be sideways would it? so it could be a feather

13. Chef des Todes

I called the Holocaust Muesum and showed them through email, on the phone at the same time. She said it was fake, I said how. she said it was the stamp. I said it's been tested under a black lamp, and camp back from there, I asked how is the stamp fake. She just said it is, and I should donate it to them. I personally believe it's real, the kid who sold it to me his great grandfather died, and he didn't care about it. Also her job is to get people to donate, and since im young I think she thought I didn't know anything. Anyways I believe it's real.

14. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

I'm positive about the feather, I have seen that before on an ink stamp too. I don't think it's fake . The museum tells you it's fake and then ask for you to donate it to you, yeah right..... I've heard that one before.
    I will try to remember where I saw that feather before , no promise though.

15. freebird

freebird Member

That is a bit strange. :confused:

16. Chef des Todes

I emailed her asking her why it was fake. I never got an email back. Guess they thought I was young an didn't know what I was doing.

17. sunny971

sunny971 Ace

i'm confused!!! :panic:

18. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

Buyers sometimes use that trick to get donations or cheap buys. I mean why would someone ask for a fake? By looking down on it, it looks less valuable .

19. Chef des Todes

Skipper is exactly right. She told me they had a large collection of fakes. Who would spend the money and time and where da hell would they put them in the muesum? Anyways I got a 12 mp camera with some photo's comeing of the armband, inside of it everything. I also got msn+ webcam if anyone wants certain view or anything

20. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

okay I hope better detailled pics will help , maybe others will be able to spot these too and join in