Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Help with a Japanese Nagoya Bayonet

Discussion in 'Small Arms and Edged Weapons' started by OldsoulYoungbody, Dec 9, 2016.

1. OldsoulYoungbody

OldsoulYoungbody New Member

My dad has an old ww2 type 30 nagoya bayonet. We were able to identify it by the the nagoya arsenal marking on the blade, however we were wondering how much it would be worth. I was able to read the serial number on the bottom of the handle. the number is 85577 or 08557. The 8 was kinda worn and was hard to read so I don't know if there was a 0 in front of it or not. Please reply with anything you could tell me about this specific bayonet, that would be nice.

2. George Patton

George Patton Canadian Refugee

Welcome to the forum!

Pricing will depend somewhat on the country you're in. Specific variations will impact pricing. Is the crossguard straight or hooked? Is there a fuller on the blade? Is the scabbard is metal or wood?

As a ballpark - assuming no sharpening has occurred and no rust is present - you're looking at between 100 and 200 USD.

3. OldsoulYoungbody

OldsoulYoungbody New Member

Thanks for the greeting. Here are some pictures of the bayonet. I hope this helps, and if anyone could tell me anything about it that has to do with the serial number, that would be nice. And no it hasn't been sharpened since my dad has gotten it, and as you can see in the picture it has no rust on it, just ware and tare from war.

Attached Files:

4. RRA227

RRA227 Member

I think the mark on the pommel is a series mark. I got one with a frog for $40. It is posted in the Other Militaria section. Rich A. in Pa.