Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Heroes of DAK

Discussion in 'North Africa and the Mediterranean' started by Kai-Petri, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Skipper

Skipper Kommodore

You're lucky Kai is still on this forum Major, the last time this thread was active was almost ten years ago.

2. Kai-Petri

Kai-Petri Kenraali

Yes, I notice I have started to put the DAK stories to the Mediterranean section back in 2003 then...

3. rebelliontotyranny

rebelliontotyranny recruit

I'm interested in Eberhard Zahn -- what info can you provide? My full knowledge is a paragraph that ends with him moving west to surrender to the Allies. I have a ring passed through my family with the initials "EZ" engraved on it. To some extent, it shares the style & profile of many of the Afrika Corps rings I've seen. My grandfather passed it onto my father, with the story that he'd liberated it from a German POW at the end of the war -- he served in the Big Red One from Normandy to outside Berlin, and would've been in about the right place as Zahn if the info I have is accurate. There is the lowest probability in the world that this was his ring, but I'm trying as many connections as possible. My grandfather died in 2002, Zahn in 2010. Better to ask now than regret that I did not ask in ten years.

View attachment 18363

Attached Files: