Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Hi.

Discussion in '☆☆ New Recruits ☆☆' started by psg-1, Jun 13, 2018.

1. psg-1

psg-1 New Member

I just joined this forum today. My name is Thor, I'm from Norway. My web name is from the HK rifle, I like HK guns. And I would love to have this rifle. I consider myself an old teenager, I've been 23 years old for about 20 years now, hehehe. Just got my first son last year, and that is really a great experience.
    WWII is my main interest, especially the Norwegian resistance. I have a small collection of a few guns and a little ammunition, and a few other items related to the war, and also to the Stay Behind groups after WWII.
    I love to hear stories from the war, and I have a little knowlegde about the history here in Norway, and also about the most common guns used in WWII.
    Now my main hobby is to play with my son, watching him grow up, but I also do ISPC shooting.

Thanks.

Otto and JJWilson like this.
  2. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums Thor! It's great to have you here, you are the first Norwegian I've seen on the forums! We have plenty of threads on Resistance fighters during the war, a handful I'm sure on the Norwegians, and tons of threads on small arms of WW2. It sounds like you're a good person and father, two things you don't see a lot of these days.

3. Half Track

Half Track Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!

4. RRA227

RRA227 Member

Welcome to the forum! Rich A. in Pa.

5. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum

6. GRW

GRW Pillboxologist WW2|ORG Editor

Welcome to the forums!

7. psg-1

psg-1 New Member

Thank you all for the welcome. Lots of interesting read here.

I forgot to mention that the Germans wanted to arrest my grandfather during the occupation of Norway. He told me a few stories from the war, when the Germans invaded, my city was one of the first to be occupied. So he joined to help to get away all military items from the stores here. They used horses with trolleys to remove everything, but he told that on one trolley, items were falling off, leaving a trail to show where they were headed. But they managed to clear it before the Germans found it. This was not the reason they wanted to arrest him, I haven't really found out why. But he was working and living close to a electricity plant in the end of a valley, just a few miles from a big German camp here. So one day he saw a German truck and some motorbikes approaching their house. There were only a few houses in the area, so he knew they were coming for him. So he ran out the backdoor, and hid in the garden, and he saw one German loading his Luger as they approached the door. His wife told them he was in town, but they searched the house. They found his daughter, who didn't know anything, but when questioned, she also told that her father was in town, even if she didn't hear her mother already told that. She don't know why she said that, but that was luck for my grandfather. Anyway, the Germans left, but later arrested my grandmother to try to get my grandfather to turn himself in, but he didn't and couldn't do that.
    So for the last year of the war, my grandfather lived in a cave in the forest, getting food from his sister, she had a farm in the area. And my grandmother was in prisoncamp until the end of the war.
    I have only found out that he was giving help to the local resistance during the war, and he also had a radio, something that was not allowed the last years of the war. He also told me that he once had to replace some radio-tubes in it, and traded with a German to get new ones. He also told me stories about dumping weapons during the war. He had a MP-40 ( or maybe a 38 ) after the war, but after a few years, he was worryed the Norwegian police would get it, so he just left it at the shootingrange one day when noone was around. I bet the one who found it, still have it, hehehehe. Wish he kept it for me. I don't know if he had it during the war, but I guess he just picked it up somewhere when the Germans surrended.

8. belasar

belasar Court Jester

Welcome Aboard!