Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

HOI 3 + FTM + TFH

Discussion in 'Hearts of Iron' started by Mussolini, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

HOI3 has certainly been improved upon vastly! The latest expansion - Their Finest Hour - adds a whole lot of new features and an updated map with updated units, AI, etc. The Custom Game Mode is awesome. Me and Joe are currently doing a Custom Game (to change starting techs/units) as Germany and Japan. Joe (as Japan) started WW2 a bit early, so only the Anschluss of Austria Event had fired for me. I am keeping Poland as a buffer vs Russia when the time comes, and am currently struggling through Belgium and into France - hoping to take out France and the UK before the USA joins the war!

2. Hufflepuff

Hufflepuff Semi-Frightening Mountain Goat

I'm glad to hear this, Duce. I had the original HoI3 and it was rather buggy... I persoanlly am much more a fan of HOI2 but if there's a new and improved version of 3 (and heck, there is) I'll play it gladly!
    Glad to be back on the forums, it's been a long first year of college but now I'm back! Great to see y'all!

3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

I believe its HOI3, then an expansion called Semper Fi followed by For The Mother Land (huge improvements to Germany/Russia) and now Their Finest Hour which adds a lot of new improvements (retarded-looking-Alaska has been fixed!). I recommend also getting the ICE Mod for the game - it was an amazing mod for Semper Fi and now they're working on porting it over to TFH (some of the people who worked on ICE worked on TFH too).