Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Holocaust is Propaganda, friend says

Discussion in 'Western Europe' started by kevman1688, Feb 21, 2008.

1. denny

denny Member

"The Holocaust" has often been used for disagreeable purposes of Zionist, Mid-East politics ...but that aside.
    Is it exact numbers, dates and places that "Holocaust Deniers" take issue with.?

I do not know or care if 1 Million Jews and 10 Thousand Romani were killed instead of 6 Million and 50 Thousand.
    The camps stared in ...???? 1933 was it.?
    The numbers of facilities, and different types of people included, grew over time...do not see how anybody could deny the terrible things that went on.
    There are Lots of documents, films, remaining buildings and eye witness accounts of what happened.
    Too damning to dismiss that The Nazis were involved in mass murder and starvation of their enemies.

Many American citizens got shafted by the USA Feds...no denying it.
    But the level of pain and injustice was so different...there is hardly a parallel.

The USA of WW2 did not openly round up all political and ideological enemies of The State.....real or imagined.
    The Nazis used Martial Law to control every-day life.

2. green slime

green slime Member

It is of vital importance, for the sake of future credibility, that the validity and veracity of the facts are unquestionable. All falsehoods and misconceptions regarding the Holocaust must be eliminated. Neither attempts to diminish, nor exaggerations, should be allowed to spread.

Why?

The scale is so huge, the crime so vast, so resounding through history, that future generations will naturally question its details, as well as the scope. IF there exists falsehoods, it will weaken the historical fact of the whole, and bring the whole into question.

The "Concentration Camps" that started in 1933, were not the Death Camps of those last years of the third Reich. The KZ's were unpleasant places for political prisoners of all sorts (Communists, artists, homosexuals, and yes, Jews). And yes, some people died there from maltreatment, beatings, sickness, but theirs was not the deliberated destruction of Jewry, for which the latter death camps were constructed.

An intelligent open mind questions and is answered, and can alter their perception. One should be hesitant before calling the questioning mind a denier.

For these reasons, we need to tread carefully with the truth. It is a delicate flower indeed.

denny likes this.
  3. Diesera

Diesera New Member

Your Friend need to see the photos of mass killing of Einstazgruppen. There is enough proof that holocaust isn't overexaggerated .

4. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

Holocaust denial is by far the thing that angers me the most. This thing just angers me. A resident who lives at the nursing home where my dad works at, helped liberated a concentration camp himself. He says that he saw what he saw, and he saw people who were starving, who looked like living skeletons, who were begging for food, and people who were just dead. Every person had a prison outfit on, and he says he saw it all with his own eyes. To say that the Holocaust is propaganda, while listening to heroes like this resident, is probably one of the biggest forms of BS that I have ever heard.

Just needed to get that off my chest. Done venting.

5. Slipdigit

Slipdigit Good Ol' Boy Staff Member WW2|ORG Editor

Well, your friend is at an advanced age and his memory isn't it used to be and besides he probably saw something that just looked like a death camp. Heck, those people were probably only criminals who were on a hunger strike. Yeah, that's it Or maybe, you know how bad conditions were in Central Europe at the time, trains getting bombed and what not? Probably food supplies were not getting to the camps and the people were hungry from that. Most likely they were not as emaciated as he said.

As I tell my daughter when she asks why do people do such bad things sometimes and all I can answer is that there is just evil in the world. Unfortunately, it often gets concentrated into the hands a few who have the power to use it.

6. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

I'll try to avoid venting like that. Only (and I mean no offense or anything) but I'm definite that what he saw was a concentration camp and that he walked in the camp and saw what he saw. But Slipdigit I will try not to vent like that. I guess I just got a little over passionate about what I was saying.

Also I would like to say Merry Christmas and have a safe holiday! ;)

David

7. Slipdigit

Vent all you want. We're good on it.

8. green slime

green slime Member

That was venting? Dude, you've got to ratchet up your boiler pressure. Seemed like normal-speak to me...

9. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

it felt like a king of venting to me. It was something that was on my chest. Things like holocaust denial cause me to vent a lot of times.

Guess I still got to work on raising the boiler pressure for the next time I vent ;)

10. green slime

green slime Member

Well, I'm glad you got it off your chest! :D Now, get out there and have yourself a Merry Christmas. Or Hannukah. Or whatever else it is.

11. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

Thank you green slime! You too have a Merry Christmas or Hannukah or whatever else it is, yourself. :cheers:

12. Slipdigit

What he said. ^

13. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

Like I said, I'm working on it ;-)

14. CAC

CAC Ace of Spades

Just close your eyes and think of Lawyers...Real estate agents and Animal abusers...

15. lwd

lwd Ace

I'm sure the moderators here could point you to some threads with some serious venting of course when most of us agree it's hard to make a real impressive vent without stepping over the "good taste" line.

16. Slipdigit

Yep, there is a fine line. I don't worry too much about it unless it starts to be habit-forming. Brad can tell you all about that. :ballnchain:

17. Smiley 2.0

Smiley 2.0 Smiles

I do my best not to make it a habit. I would only do it when it is absolutely necessary or appropriate.

I don't know if I want to know about Brad. ;-)

18. Slipdigit

He ain't called the Cooler King for nothing.

19. dobbie

dobbie recruit

Even Eisenhower was unprepared for the terrible scene at the first concentration camp he toured. He sent cables to Washington DC and to London asking for random groups of newspaper editors and legislators to tour the camp. He also had soldiers nearby taken to the camp to let them see for themselves. That is from Eisenhower's "Crusade in Europe". Apparently, there was the fear that unless covered by the press and legislators that nobody would believe the extent of the horrible situation.

Having relatives who saw the camps as well as fathers of friends of mine talk about what they saw and never quite able to find adequate words to describe it, it angers me to no end to hear these "revisionists" speak to it. The disgust and near disbelief of what they witnessed sometimes brought good men to tears.

I think the term "revisionist" is far too decent of a term to use, but I might be banned for saying what I call them instead.

20. lwd

lwd Ace

Indeed the term "revisionist" used to be a rather positive one. It meant someone who was reinterpreting historical events usually based on new or overlooked sources. For Instance, Shattered Sword is a classic example of the positive meaning. They took Japanese documents and overlooked US ones and demonstrated a number of things that contrary to the common understanding. The myth about the IJN carriers having their flight decks full of aircraft being an example. The ones mentioned here don't really rate the term as they tend to do just the opposite i.e. ignore well established historical facts because they don't fit their world view and promote a position based mostly on opinion, assumption, and politics (and usually ugly ones).