Welcome to the WWII Forums! Log in or Sign up to interact with the community.

Holocaust Remembrance Day

Discussion in 'Concentration, Death Camps and Crimes Against Huma' started by KJ Jr, Apr 12, 2018.

1. KJ Jr

KJ Jr Well-Known Member

Today (yesterday beginning at sundown April 11) is Yom Hashoah, Holocaust Remembrance Day. It is a day for remembering the victims of the Holocaust and to never forget what bigotry, hatred and intolerance can accomplish when people stand idly by. The lessons of the Holocaust should continue to endure as generations pass. Regardless of faith, ethnicity or personal beliefs, remember the millions today.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    JJWilson and Chewy_Barry like this.
  2. LRusso216

LRusso216 Graybeard Staff Member

Thanks for the reminder, KJ. Today we should remember the six million Jews who died an inexplicable death. We should also keep in mind the six or seven million others who died because of who they were, not for what they did.

Chewy_Barry likes this.
  3. Mussolini

Mussolini Gaming Guru WW2|ORG Editor

We should also remember those who were executed for what they did - the concentration camps weren't exclusive to Jews and Undesirables, but also members of the various resistance movements too! Quite a few of them were put in the camps and executed as well.

I wonder, is there an exact list of survivors still living? Those known/confirmed to have been in a Camp and are still around today? I can't imagine that number is very high at all anymore.

Chewy_Barry likes this.
  4. Chewy_Barry

Chewy_Barry Member

Agreed 100%

5. JJWilson

JJWilson Well-Known Member

I echo Lou KJ, thanks for the reminder, I have the responsibility of remembering, and making sure the people of my generation remember, and most importantly, that my kids remember.....